free website stats program Harley Stock | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Stock

alto

Those of us who have stock ( in just about everything), know that we got hurt badly with the Harley stock. I 'lost' a fortune ( to me, anyway) but did not sell. I honestly believe in the company and, I do believe that we're in for a tough year..That said, I also think that MVAgusta , the in-roads made in China ( somewhat) and India ( mainly), Harley stock will again soar starting middle to late next year. I can see it coming back into the 50 range ( from 23 or so now). What do others think?

Yea government will get money wherever and whenever they can and we all know that a tax, even a temporary tax, never goes away.

One of the reasons stock went down last year was the state of Wisconsin put another 22.5 million dollar tax on On HD just because they can. They invented away to tax HD on sales out side Wisconsin. And just so you know they going back for more.

I'm confused about all this. Why would a government in these trying times put a new tax on something that is keeping their people employed and bringing money back into the state year in and year out. This is a very myopic view of things IMHO.

And finally, How can a government legally impose a tax this size retrospectivelly? Isn't there a grandfather clause or something????

Got me...

Neil

This post was about Harley stock. Let's keep it in that context without any political replies so it doesn't get removed.

Thanks

I have also owned HOG a couple of times in the last 2 years. I think that you would also have to consider that it was not just the lack of bike sales that did them in, but also the marketing campaign they had going on. The company got hurt bad by the sub prime financing as bad as the other banks got hurt. Harley has their own financing arm of the company. Still a good stock fundamentally though and will be back.

Harley-Davidson has a very strong name with excellent product(s). The main cause of their problems are the same as ours. People are losing jobs and money, so people aren't spending money. Once the job market turns around so will their stock. JMO

Harley-Davidson has a very strong name with excellent product(s). The main cause of their problems are the same as ours. People are losing jobs and money, so people aren't spending money. Once the job market turns around so will their stock. JMO

Enough said. Once we realize that Americans can make good products too, we might start manufactuiing prodocts here and start creating jobs. Harley has been hit just like GM, Ford and Chrysler. I will purchase more stock based on history and I'm a believer that our economy will turn around. Always has. Always will.

I've seen a lot of talk in the investment community that Harley's main demographic - early to middle age working class - is economically decimated and not coming back soon, the retro appeal of Harley does not position them well for a new class of riders, etc. Lots of talk that the stock is overpriced at a forward P/E of 21, etc.

Back