free website stats program Harley staying in York | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley staying in York

Just read the newspaper link: Wow, a locked in 7 year long labor contract, I have never heard of such a scenario. It appears that the local labor union were on their backs with management standing over them holding them down with their foot. (not a good situation to be in if you are on the floor) Hence the union folk had no choice but to submit.

It seems to me the standard of living for the US working class just seems to keep descending and descending and this grieves me. Wages going down, living expenses going up. Who knows what is coming down the road with tax increases?

I wish the best for all the hard working folk at the York HD plant. I have bought four new cycles assembled at York and I have been so delighted with every one of them. These machines have been a source of pleasure, enjoyment and pride. Many thanks to the hard working folk at the York Plant and hope all goes well in the future.

With hundreds of jobs being reduced and other internal plant particulars at York, resulting is cheaper operating expenses, does that means the price of the cycles will be cheaper?:yeahright

I'm glad they are staying up and running. I went on a tour of the K.C. plant about 5 years ago but I have not made it up to York yet. YET being the key word.

I'm glad they are staying up and running. I went on a tour of the K.C. plant about 5 years ago but I have not made it up to York yet. YET being the key word.

I hope someday to tour some of the Harley Plants as well. I hope the plant tour policy is not deleted along with other major changes going on. IMHO a plant tour would be very delightful. :)

Here's an idea:

How about maybe later next Spring or Summer plan a HDTimeline run/sponsored tour of the York PA Harley Davidson facility for those who can make the trek?

I think this would be a good time for all, a chance to meet other HDTimeline members, and to enjoy the tour of the facility as a group.....

I dunno....it probably won't benefit me personally but the other members may enjoy something like this...I'm bouncing between here and Maine a lot lately visiting and caring for my terminal father...but can't wait to read the threads and view the pics of the fun.

:D

Just read the newspaper link: Wow, a locked in 7 year long labor contract, I have never heard of such a scenario. It appears that the local labor union were on their backs with management standing over them holding them down with their foot. (not a good situation to be in if you are on the floor) Hence the union folk had no choice but to submit.

It seems to me the standard of living for the US working class just seems to keep descending and descending and this grieves me. Wages going down, living expenses going up. Who knows what is coming down the road with tax increases?

I wish the best for all the hard working folk at the York HD plant. I have bought four new cycles assembled at York and I have been so delighted with every one of them. These machines have been a source of pleasure, enjoyment and pride. Many thanks to the hard working folk at the York Plant and hope all goes well in the future.

With hundreds of jobs being reduced and other internal plant particulars at York, resulting is cheaper operating expenses, does that means the price of the cycles will be cheaper?:yeahright

The US treasury just stopped selling silver. I am glad the people if York still have jobs....for now. Any job is better than no job, as far as I am concerned. I think some bad times are coming. I am definitly going to the York Plant to see it ASAP. A contract means nothing if you're bankrupt....

The US treasury just stopped selling silver. I am glad the people if York still have jobs....for now. Gotcha.

Any job is better than no job, as far as I am concerned. Tis!

I think some bad times are coming. I am definitly going to the York Plant to see it ASAP. Probably a very sage idea, I dare say.

A contract means nothing if you're bankrupt....Point well taken.

Enjoy your trip to York. :)

Good news. On my last York visit I bought a tour badge to affix to my Sportster. Now I can return and buy a replacement badge for the King and affix it next to my Milwaukee badge.

Back