free website stats program Harley site updated with 2010 info | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley site updated with 2010 info

Looking at the 2010's I have no regrets in buying a 2009. Bringing out the Ultra Limited with the 103 will interest some, but I am quite happy with the 96. I do agree with some of the other comments regarding the paint, mind you sometimes they look a lot better in person than in a picture.

Glad I got my purple 09. Nothing in the 2010's of interest. Nothing bad mind you, just nothing overly special compared to 09's.

It seems to me they are slowley cheeping out these bikes.Specificaly the CVO models.Looking at my buddies 06 CVO ultra...painted to match frame,color matched inner fairing,chrome brake calipers,matching highway pegs etc. Looking at the CVO streetglide what sticks out the most is what its missing.
It just looks like they had some leftover 09 CVO roadglide bags and rear fenders,slapped them on a base model FLHX with a cheep seat and uggly wheels and called it special.
The CVO's have dual mufflers which kills any argument other than the base models single setup is anything other than paying more for less.

They did dropped the RG They bought in a another bike with frame mounted faring just as we though they would, what they did not do was go all they back to the Tour Glide.

I am happy the RG faring is still offered no madder what they call it.

if they dropped the RG then why did they call it "Road Glide Classic". Wouldn't it still be a road glide?

I really like the CVO streetglide in Spiced Rum. The wheels are awesome as well as the paint. I still won't part w/ my Ultra for many many years and then it'll be another Ultra.

Harley never announced that the Road Glide was gone. They published a pre-production bulletin stating that the FLTR would be discontinued. Since the 2010 FLTRX is not technically a FLTR, it was only those generalizing by saying the Road Glide was discontinued, not the FLTR designation specifically, that you must be referencing.

Technically the NAME ROAD GLIDE is still in play. Wheather they added the custom part or not. One thread said there would be NO Road Glide. That thread is as accurate as info you get from Wikipidea . And by the looks of the HD website i swear i saw a bike called ROAD GLIDE. custom or not it is still a ROAD GLIDE by name.

By the no road glide mentality it would be fair to say that an FLTRI would not be a road glide either because of the I. But the name still is road glide.
Or an FLTRSEI is not a road glide either even though when set side by side they look almost identical

If you want to get picky about an i,r,or x the name is still (wait for it you know its coming)

ROAD GLIDE

And really to say there is no more road glide because of the X is a bit of a stretch

Back