Harley shoots down 2 softail models + 1 trike.....

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by cvhmpls, Jan 21, 2011.

1. cvhmpls

cvhmpls Account Removed

Harley announced they will no longer produce these bikes for 2012
    Rocker C
    CrossBones
    StreetGlide Trike

2. whacko

whacko Junior Member

They just released the blackline softail model so I'm sure there will be some other replacements for these 3 models! Time will tell.

3. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

They need some type of springer in the line-up. Maybe they will bring back the springer classic.....Hopefully with the factory dual fishtails.

4. whacko

whacko Junior Member

Good point smitty.......and I can't recall seeing a single cross bones on teh road in my neck of the woods last year. HD does not "need" to have anything in their lineup. What sells is what they "need" int he lineup!

5. Slapp

Slapp Junior Member

Harley is going back to what is known as "KISS" keep it simple stupid, if it doesn't sell get rid of it and concentrate on what does sell. Improve on what the people want. The Cross Bones was a great bike but like Whacko said I do not see very many of them in my area. Mrs. Slapp wanted one but never liked none of the colors that they came in, not to mention the one time she did see one and talked to the owner he said great bike for local but he would rather another bike for distant runs.

6. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

i never understood the street glide trike anyways

7. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

As Smitty said, just plain good marketing...sell what works, and reinvent what is not broken to keep it "fresh"...! Don't want to add too many variants and have to R&D to fix broken branches in the family tree.:bigsmiley6:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  8. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Down sizing and focus on what sells is the key here, hoping these bikes dont end up coming from India

9. 1harleydude

1harleydude New Member

Sorry to see it go. In 08 when I saw the first comecial for the crossbones, I thought finnaly a retro, clean mean harley. Needless to say I bought it and love it. Granted it ain't no roadking but I did ride to San Antonio Tx from Garden Grove Ca. on mine......That's just me. Keep it simple and clean. Yes I wash mine wih a garden hose, don't worry bout all that bling bling (EDIT) you call chrome:D

Please read this...
    [note]
    A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
    [/note]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2011
  10. nfusion

nfusion Active Member

if they start coming from india i personally wont be riding harlets anymore