free website stats program Harley shoots down 2 softail models + 1 trike..... | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley shoots down 2 softail models + 1 trike.....

cvhmpls

Account Removed
Harley announced they will no longer produce these bikes for 2012
Rocker C
CrossBones
StreetGlide Trike

Harley announced they will no longer produce these bikes for 2012
Rocker C
CrossBones
StreetGlide Trike

They just released the blackline softail model so I'm sure there will be some other replacements for these 3 models! Time will tell.

They need some type of springer in the line-up. Maybe they will bring back the springer classic.....Hopefully with the factory dual fishtails.

If it don't sell it has to go. Amazing people vote on most things with were they spend thier money.

Good point smitty.......and I can't recall seeing a single cross bones on teh road in my neck of the woods last year. HD does not "need" to have anything in their lineup. What sells is what they "need" int he lineup!

Harley is going back to what is known as "KISS" keep it simple stupid, if it doesn't sell get rid of it and concentrate on what does sell. Improve on what the people want. The Cross Bones was a great bike but like Whacko said I do not see very many of them in my area. Mrs. Slapp wanted one but never liked none of the colors that they came in, not to mention the one time she did see one and talked to the owner he said great bike for local but he would rather another bike for distant runs.

As Smitty said, just plain good marketing...sell what works, and reinvent what is not broken to keep it "fresh"...! Don't want to add too many variants and have to R&D to fix broken branches in the family tree.:bigsmiley6:

Last edited:
Down sizing and focus on what sells is the key here, hoping these bikes dont end up coming from India

Sorry to see it go. In 08 when I saw the first comecial for the crossbones, I thought finnaly a retro, clean mean harley. Needless to say I bought it and love it. Granted it ain't no roadking but I did ride to San Antonio Tx from Garden Grove Ca. on mine......That's just me. Keep it simple and clean. Yes I wash mine wih a garden hose, don't worry bout all that bling bling (EDIT) you call chrome:D

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back