free website stats program Harley SE 6-speed VS Baker 6-speed Tranny | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley SE 6-speed VS Baker 6-speed Tranny

bigtyy

Good day.. I'm ryding a 2005 HD Road King Custom (5-speed) and looking to change over to a 6 speed. Has anyone made this change to a SE 6 speed or baker speed? Or does anyone have an opinion? I'm looking for longevity and a bit more top end (less vibration). $$ is not a factor here... thanks for any help. **I gotta say I'm leaning towards the Harley product**

Good day.. I'm ryding a 2005 HD Road King Custom (5-speed) and looking to change over to a 6 speed. Has anyone made this change to a SE 6 speed or baker speed? Or does anyone have an opinion? I'm looking for longevity and a bit more top end (less vibration). $$ is not a factor here... thanks for any help. **I gotta say I'm leaning towards the Harley product**

WOW,,,, $$ for the BEST a good thing...

I'm interested on the answers you'll get here. TQ1 is a good candidate for a Knowledgeable response... Many others here too..

I'm Watching:bigsmiley31: this one..:D

signed....BUBBIE

Baker is the top of the line and well worth the $$. The OP didn't say if any mods had been done to the motor. In stock form I don't know if he will really get to use 6th gear unless he does a lot of freeway riding at say 75 to 85 mph.

Baker is the top of the line and well worth the $$. The OP didn't say if any mods had been done to the motor. In stock form I don't know if he will really get to use 6th gear unless he does a lot of freeway riding at say 75 to 85 mph.
Thanks guys... @HDDON, stock motor, stage 1 download, PC3 and SE air breather are the only changes I made. We constantly ride anywhere from 80 to 95mph on any given ride. 6 gear on the newer models seem to be a gift from the heavens and I just want what's mine.. :)

At those speeds you will be glad you bought the Baker. Happy riding!!!

Baker tranny has 4 votes..Harley Screaming Eagle 6 speed, 0 votes. I am really having a Harley epiphany here today. Since joining and reading the boards, it seems as though Harley Products are inferior to after market products. Quite the opposite of what we/I was educated to believe. Thanks for all the help/opinions.... My opinion is now shifting towards a Baker.

:cheers

Baker tranny has 4 votes..Harley Screaming Eagle 6 speed, 0 votes. I am really having a Harley epiphany here today. Since joining and reading the boards, it seems as though Harley Products are inferior to after market products. Quite the opposite of what we/I was educated to believe. Thanks for all the help/opinions.... My opinion is now shifting towards a Baker.

:cheers
HD parts...not always inferior, not always superior...just one of many options available to those doing due diligence.

Considering a Baker, myself...

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back