free website stats program Harley Reman Cam Spec | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Reman Cam Spec

01dynaglide

I'm looking into sending my engine back to Harley to have it reman. I have a 88ci and you can upgrade to a big bore 95ci during the reman. I can not find the spec for the cam that they use when they do this. The only thing I have found so that they put in SE cams with hyd system and SE oil pump. Does anyone know what SE cam they use and the specs?

I believe orignaly they used the SE203 cams for the 88 conversion. They have a .510 lift, but this was in a 99 FLTRI Road Glide I had. Dyna cam may have a different designation for opening/closing but probaly the same lift. Ev23 & Ev46 cams, for Evo's have the same lifts but different durations and such because of bike styles,for lack of terms. Heavy touring verus light Dynas

Unless something has changed recently, they rebuild it to factory specs with stock parts. Maybe the 95 is an option but I don't know about anything other than the stock cam in the process.

Like I said, it could have changed.

Take your booklet into the dealer and ask him where it says the choice of cam. I didn't think you could get a different cam other than what originally came in the engine. If you send in an engine with a cam other than stock, you get it back with the stock cam after the rebuild.

Hopefully he isn't going to install a cam after the engine comes back from rebuilding.

Take your booklet into the dealer and ask him where it says the choice of cam. I didn't think you could get a different cam other than what originally came in the engine. If you send in an engine with a cam other than stock, you get it back with the stock cam after the rebuild.

Hopefully he isn't going to install a cam after the engine comes back from rebuilding.

I don't think he is planning on installing cams when it comes back because he told me if I was to install any before the 1 year warrenty is up it would void the warrenty. I'm going to ride down to the dealer tomorrow to talk somemore about this with him and the service manager to see if they will give me a straight answer. I do think that everything will be stock except for the oil pump and cam tensioner plate.

Back