free website stats program Harley Radio Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Radio Question

I just bought an 05 street glide. Fairing has the place for a radio. Will a radio from a 2010 work in the bike and if so will there be a wire to somewhere for an antenna. The bike has controls on the handle bars. And finally thanks for you guys' info, this is the best forum ever.

The Street Glide was introduced in the 2006 model year and has always come with a radio standard. Sounds like you might have an ElectraGlide Standard. Do you have a tour pak and lowers on the engine guards?

I don't think the dimensions of the fairing or stereo opening have changed on EG's since 2005 so the 2010 radio you mention should work fine as far as fitting. Not sure what's inside the fairing of a EGS though as far as hooking it up.

Actually it is an electra glide standard but on the title it says STREET for body style. Really a sharp bike, Owned by a lady,has 5,010 miles and is black cherry in color. I picked up last friday. She never had a radio in it.

quiticokid, Harley's radio's run from 06 & later or there is a earlier model, the 2010 won't retro. Harley sells a great high out put radio/CD that will plug & play in your bike if you have about $1400.00 to invest, I will put the install below as well as a link to Harley's radio's so you can check them out. I recommend going to a quality stereo store locally and talk to them, also there is alot of good info on this forum if you research radio's in search.
Good luck

View attachment Radio Amplified 2004 later-J03052.pdf

Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA

Back