Votes: 47 13.4%
  • Quality is falling off just recently.

Votes: 47 13.4%
  • Poor quality overall.

Votes: 20 5.7%
  • Too many offshore parts now.

Votes: 52 14.9%

• Total voters
2012 TriGlide Ultra Classic w/10,000 miles - had to replace the battery, rear rotors and pads, reverse motor, trunk lock, front tire, advanced audio is still unresolved (hopefully this week) and a few bulbs. No matter who makes it; it can break, though IMO I have had more than my share, and Harley needs to concentrate a little on quality control. What I have learned since I had to pay for a couple of things that should not have, is if you are not happy with the answer from your local Harley dealer then ride on past and go to the next one

I've had my Sportster for around 12 years now, and knock on wood, minimal things needed to be done on it. Mostly just common maintenance.

People often comment that the OEM paint on my mine is much thicker than newer ones and it was quality built.

I just ride it and don't look back. I've got 75+k on it, and have absolutely no regrets.

It's my daily commuter and it works well.

I just recently acquired an '07 Electra Glide and that's going to be my trip-mobile. Much, much more comfortable and the stereo adds the bonus. Quality is okay, but I can see the M/O differences as what people mention. Some are good, some are eh... well, I'll leave it at that. :)

My 2012 Ultra Limited is making a top end noise..seems like a valve tap; only when the engine is hot and at speeds of 70 and greater. Taking it to the dealer in the next few days; is this a problem others have had??

I'm riding my first Harley, an '06 Dyna. The fit and finish is great compared to the Metrics I've had. I was very disapointed when it spit the eight screws out of the alternator magnets and made hamburger in there. I'm holding my breath on the inner primary bearing problem. :(

All the shine in the world doesn't compensate for poor design.

The MOCO should have recalled and fixed that, given the premium price we pay for these things. I may go for a Victory next time.

Had an 06 FXDWG also. Loved that bike until it went down. Anyway, referencing the inner primary bearing. The service manual said it needed to be replaced every XXXXX miles, but there was a service bulletin that came out and retracted that. However, at around 20,000 - 25,000 miles it needed replacing. Got it covered under warranty though.:newsmile071:

First Harley. After about 10k seems ok quality wise. A lot of errant motor noise. (decal valve train) I guess I have to get used to that. I'm a little troubled about the offshore parts being used.
Otherwise, great bike!

No complaints from my '93 Sporty. 80.000 plus miles on European roads. Ok she looses oil, mostly from the front base gasket. Still I wouldn't trade her for an injection model, or any other ride for that matter. :s

At 52,000 miles, I finally replace the, (for lack of a better term) factory fault; the ignition switch. After the first 41 k solo across Vietnam, then a run across America, I'm happy with my Fat Boy.

Enjoy the Spirit
harleytracks.com

So far so good with my 2015 FLRT
The paint is brilliant in the sun

Over the past forty plus years I have purchased seven MOCO bikes. The first new one was a 78 Low Rider (AMF bike). Dealer replaced the voltage regulator about two weeks after I bought it. Never had another problem with that bike that I didn't cause myself.

Am I the only chap out here who has had really good luck with Harley Davidson products?

Dennis

Back