Votes: 47 13.4%
  • Quality is falling off just recently.

Votes: 47 13.4%
  • Poor quality overall.

Votes: 20 5.7%
  • Too many offshore parts now.

Votes: 52 14.9%

• Total voters
I am overall happy with my 02 lowrider even though the last couple of weeks hav been trying for me and my bike speedo and turn signals but you have to consider the age of most harleys on the road the really hold up well mine is ten years old and very few problems I love it.

I've had the privilege of owning quit a few different bikes mostly Metrics and a couple Harley models in the mid 90s. Although there are issues with an old primary design needing to be updated, the quality I see inside and out from my current model is truly exquisite in form, fit and finish.
On a side note, I must say I've never seen so many excellent Polls on a forum like I've seen since joining this one.....I'm impressed and really glad to be a part of it.

First bike was a honda CB750, Broke it!! Second one was a heritage road it for 6 years and sold it for more then I bought it. Third electra glide Still riding 32000 miles no problems luv it!!!

I'm about to find out........I pick up my first Harley in 30 years of riding tomorrow! A 2013 Road King in Candy Orange/Beer Bottle.
Some past bikes, Honda 750 was great. A new Triumph Trophy stranded me on the side of the freeway with 20 miles on the odometer. Sold it within a year. 2 BMW K1200LT's were wonderful, but dealers are few and far between. 2007 Honda GL1800 has been great (keeping this one for the 2 up touring). Bought a new 2012 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited (stop laughing folks...) but sold it in 2 months, so I got my "man card" back. Too much complicated electronics and nanny, plus and wife would get car sick on windy roads. A 2012 V Star 1300 Tourer got me turned on to the cruisers. Sold it to my son so...
Now adding a Harley for everyday riding. From what I've seen, quality is up there now.

Maybe its me, maybe I got a lemon.
I have had multiple bikes over the years from Harleys, to metrics and this last one I had, a 2010 ultra classic which I just got rid of recently.
From day one I was never happy with this bike and poured money into it trying to make it perform and be comfortable, never happened. Plus I had several mechanical and electrical problems with this bike as of recent, in fact, I just got back 3 weeks ago from a 10,000 mile trip which left me very disappointed in the quality of this bike, so much that I decided to sell it. I experienced electrical problems, and 2 failrly significant mechanical failures on this trip costing me a lot of money plus a hefty repair bill prior to leaving on this trip.
This also has been the worst riding bike I have had in a long time and my wife agrees, I even replaced rear shocks and front fork springs with only minor improvement.
Major hot running, poor performance even though I did stage 2 and spent a ton of time and money trying to correct lean issues.
I have a 99 softail that beats this newer ultra in every catagory so I have decided that it will be my main bike for the time being.
Until Harley gives up their primitive design and engineers much better major components, I will NOT be buying another new one.
Good thing they sell easy.......

I purchased a 2005 Electra Glide Standard back in 2008 with 19k on her. I have now 99,000 her. I had the engine replace under the reman, but check out this video. This was what she looked like when they got into it, and she still ran. Drove it all the way to South Carolina and back.
Opps - YouTube

This is a real testimony to the Harley Davidson Engine. Very dependable and they are solid built engine.

bought my fatbob new in 09 , no problems with it
just a bit dissapointed
at cheap nuts and bolts used .
and surpised that the writing was left off the bar and shield logos - looks cheap .
still well chuffed with it

Back