Votes: 47 13.4%
  • Quality is falling off just recently.

Votes: 47 13.4%
  • Poor quality overall.

Votes: 20 5.7%
  • Too many offshore parts now.

Votes: 52 14.9%

• Total voters
Overall very Happy and would buy again. Considering the vibration it is subjected to, I can't say enough good things about the current level Delphi EFI & associated electronics. But wish the engine had the early level crank design (88 cu/in) and early level selective shim taper roller wheel bearings. The 96" engine is a heat monster for sure but really like the 6 speed gear box that comes with it.

I need something in between the Best on the road and Was much better in past years. Something like "Will put up with the problems because I don't want to be held captive by or to a foreign company". :)
I agree. That is where my vote would go.

Note that LE depts are exiting stage left, from HD, due to the maintenance costs. I don't know if it is due to the prices charged by dealerships, the very conservative maintenance shedules, or lots of issues to repair. BMWs are also quite expensive to maintain. From what I hear, the new Hondas are what most motor cops want. The reason I mention LE riders is that they know how to ride, and basically live on their rides. To me, they would be the ones to go to for motorcycle quality and reliability.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I agree. That is where my vote would go.

Note that LE depts are exiting stage left, from HD, due to the maintenance costs. I don't know if it is due to the prices charged by dealerships, the very conservative maintenance shedules, or lots of issues to repair. BMWs are also quite expensive to maintain. From what I hear, the new Hondas are what most motor cops want. The reason I mention LE riders is that they know how to ride, and basically live on their rides. To me, they would be the ones to go to for motorcycle quality and reliability.

Enjoy,
Rich P

From what I uderstand, the local PDs around here all lease their bikes. And the leasing company is getting better prices from Honda and BMW. The Harleys are quite a bit more expensive becuase of the "required lease maintenance schedule".

I have a BMW and find the price of maintenance is not any higher then on my Harleys.

My Harleys have proven to be more reliable than the other brands I've ridden in then past. Despite the occasional hiccup, there is really no comparison.

I'm riding my first Harley, an '06 Dyna. The fit and finish is great compared to the Metrics I've had. I was very disapointed when it spit the eight screws out of the alternator magnets and made hamburger in there. I'm holding my breath on the inner primary bearing problem. :(

All the shine in the world doesn't compensate for poor design.

The MOCO should have recalled and fixed that, given the premium price we pay for these things. I may go for a Victory next time.

With all major corporations, money IS the bottom line. That being said, I still believe the Motor Company puts out a well made, reliable product(s). I agree with what others have already said, all companies have there shortcomings, (i.e. recalls, etc.), but for me, I not only got a quality bike, I got a whole new lifestyle and family...which is worth a lot more than I paid for a bike.

Wow I don't know how to answer this poll. My 2007 heritage, in my opinion, runs good but I don't like the sounds it makes. The compensator "bang" if I want it fixed I have to buy the SE. It runs to hot to fix it I have to buy pipes, A/C and a fuel tuner. There are many examples cams are another. The motor company recommends these changes and provides parts for all these changes. Shouldn't a motorcycle be the best it can be with the quality parts in it when you but it? My opinion is it isn't the quality product it should be! :(

+1. I've had no real problems with my 09 EG but I agree that for $20000+ the bike should have the finest components available already in it.

How do I put this... If my car had only 20000 miles on it, how would I feel about it after spending what I do to keep this bike on the road.

3rd front master cylinder installed today, new line and hose assembly this time all on ESP

Love harley bikes, Im on my third, but some dealers make it hard sometimes. I think Harley needs to do surprise customer service checks. Pretend to be a customer and visit random stores to get first had experience as to how tech's answer questions and how your treated at the counter. Most are good places but some are just not worth the trouble.

Back