• Quality is falling off just recently.

Votes: 47 13.4%
  • Poor quality overall.

Votes: 20 5.7%
  • Too many offshore parts now.

Votes: 52 14.9%

• Total voters
08 SG with 32k not a single problem yet, have not done anything but slipons,
fuel management, big sucker air cleaner. Maybe my imagination but it seems like 2010 models on up are having more issues than the older bikes?

Over the past forty plus years I have purchased seven MOCO bikes. The first new one was a 78 Low Rider (AMF bike). Dealer replaced the voltage regulator about two weeks after I bought it. Never had another problem with that bike that I didn't cause myself.

Am I the only chap out here who has had really good luck with Harley Davidson products?
Dennis

Surely not.
This is a forum where many come when they have problems so naturally this thread will probably attract more rants than raves.
Its good to hear a few raves tho :)

I meet a lot of riders on other brands of bikes and from what they say my Harley has a better fit and finish than most of the forign makes. From what I hear all manuf. have problems with one thing or another and most of the riders I talk to have the same problems getting some dealers to stand behind their product.
owned metric bikes in the past never any issues with them, hope my 2014 roadking serves me as good

Bought a Brand new 2008 Dark blue pearl Ultra off show room floor in 2008 to add to my 89 sportster 1200 and my 1990 flhs Electraglide Sport. I feel the paint quality of the 89 & 90 was better and my 90 big twin handled better and was better quality overall. The 2008 was $26000. Out the door and wouldn't drive in a straight line. It had the worst case of Harley wobble I ever experienced. Dealer could not fix it. Bike was unsafe and the ill handling caused my crash in 2009. I sold it and replaced it with a 2008 Victory Vision and never looked back. I will keep my old Ruby red metallic 1990 Harley for ever as its been great to me but as for new, I like my new American Iron!
WAP.gif

Bought a Brand new 2008 Dark blue pearl Ultra off show room floor in 2008 to add to my 89 sportster 1200 and my 1990 flhs Electraglide Sport. I feel the paint quality of the 89 & 90 was better and my 90 big twin handled better and was better quality overall. The 2008 was $26000. Out the door and wouldn't drive in a straight line. It had the worst case of Harley wobble I ever experienced. Dealer could not fix it. Bike was unsafe and the ill handling caused my crash in 2009. I sold it and replaced it with a 2008 Victory Vision and never looked back. I will keep my old Ruby red metallic 1990 Harley for ever as its been great to me but as for new, I like my new American Iron!
WAP.gif

Sometimes with the success of a product mediocrity slips into the mix and it can be a launching point for competition as you have found and could not be happier. Probably why Harley has come so far since 2009. The can not afford any more loss of market share.

In my opinion, we owe Polaris a big debt of gratitude. I hope Victory and Indian have tons of success. Having 3 large volume American-made bikes is good for EVERYONE (mostly because competition will bring out the best in quality and customer service). I'll always be partial to HD, but its about time they had some real US competitors with staying power to keep them from getting complacent.

In my opinion, we owe Polaris a big debt of gratitude. I hope Victory and Indian have tons of success. Having 3 large volume American-made bikes is good for EVERYONE (mostly because competition will bring out the best in quality and customer service). I'll always be partial to HD, but its about time they had some real US competitors with staying power to keep them from getting complacent.

+1
Well said & I couldn't agree with you more.

Polaris makes some good USA Made stuff. I've been riding Polaris sn**mobiles for two decades now and they have served me well.

That said, I wont be trading my RK for a Indian anytime soon tho :D

I or I guess I should say me and the bank bought my first new Harley in Nov. and so far it's been just fine. The only concern is that I see is the paint quality not saying the paint job is bad but the paint itself could be better.Got to go burning daylight but me street glide is great.:bigsmiley10:

I love my Bike and you can't beat 2 wheel therapy. After 40k miles I've come across parts wearing out that I attribute to a bad design.
They just didn't change it... Thankfully there's the aftermarket for a better engineered part....
With that said, I wouldn't ride anything else... Overall a quality scoot and high American content comparitvely speaking....
Ride safe all and thanks for a great site and letting me share my thoughts....
WAP.gif

I or I guess I should say me and the bank bought my first new Harley in Nov. and so far it's been just fine. The only concern is that I see is the paint quality not saying the paint job is bad but the paint itself could be better.Got to go burning daylight but me street glide is great.:bigsmiley10:

Don't forget that the EPA has mandated that companies use "environmentally friendly paints" and that all happened about 2010. A lot of the stuff is water based now and clear coats in particular absolutely inferior these days.

I'm not making excuses for Harley, but a lot of these companies are doing the best they can within the US Governments BS rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back