Harley Quality

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by glider., Dec 18, 2011.

?

Harley Quality

1. The best on the road.

178 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Was much better in past years.

45 vote(s)
    13.2%
  3. Quality is falling off just recently.

47 vote(s)
    13.8%
  4. Poor quality overall.

19 vote(s)
    5.6%
  5. Too many offshore parts now.

52 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. glider.

glider. BOT Machine

Are you satisfied with the Harley quality that you bought?

Feel free to post your comments.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Maybe it is just me, but I think the paint in the 80s was better

3. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

The one I have now is great (so far). To me the chrome is second to none. I have seen metric bikes with bubbling and peeling chrome on 2 year old bikes.

4. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

I meet a lot of riders on other brands of bikes and from what they say my Harley has a better fit and finish than most of the forign makes. From what I hear all manuf. have problems with one thing or another and most of the riders I talk to have the same problems getting some dealers to stand behind their product.

5. oldhippie

oldhippie Senior Member

Agree with you there. They all have problems and all have their problems with some dealers. I have no complaints on my Harley but since it's my first H-D can't really compare it to previous years.

6. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

After riding 25 years and numerous bikes my 2008 Harley has the best quality of them all. There maybe a premium to purchase a Harley and I believe it is worth it do to the quality put into building Harley's.

7. CPT MAR

CPT MAR Member

<<Value for money>> that represents for me Harley's quality dream leader.

8. Rubyred

Rubyred Senior Member

Wow I don't know how to answer this poll. My 2007 heritage, in my opinion, runs good but I don't like the sounds it makes. The compensator "bang" if I want it fixed I have to buy the SE. It runs to hot to fix it I have to buy pipes, A/C and a fuel tuner. There are many examples cams are another. The motor company recommends these changes and provides parts for all these changes. Shouldn't a motorcycle be the best it can be with the quality parts in it when you but it? My opinion is it isn't the quality product it should be! :(

9. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

Overall very Happy and would buy again. Considering the vibration it is subjected to, I can't say enough good things about the current level Delphi EFI & associated electronics. But wish the engine had the early level crank design (88 cu/in) and early level selective shim taper roller wheel bearings. The 96" engine is a heat monster for sure but really like the 6 speed gear box that comes with it.

I need something in between the Best on the road and Was much better in past years. Something like "Will put up with the problems because I don't want to be held captive by or to a foreign company". :)

10. bullet 10

bullet 10 Member

Love my 2010 Triglide Ultra, very stable platform. Has a few problems that factory should step up to, but overall great machine. Would buy again.:)