free website stats program Harley Problems | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Problems

Harley problems

• Total voters
In any given week, I only put about 80 miles on my 08 Heritage (16 mile round trip to work). I have put about 2000 on it since buying it in February. The only thing I've noticed is a wobble in the steering at around 40 mph (+/-). Dealer checked it and couldn't find the problem.

In any given week, I only put about 80 miles on my 08 Heritage (16 mile round trip to work). I have put about 2000 on it since buying it in February. The only thing I've noticed is a wobble in the steering at around 40 mph (+/-). Dealer checked it and couldn't find the problem.

Did the dealer check the spokes?

How many miles on the bike? How many miles on the tires? It could be tires or the fall away that is causing your problems. Some tires are much more sensitive to cracks in the road, tar snakes etc.

I posted a new thread about this so I don't want to cross post, but the bike has just over 18k on it and the tires look to be in good shape (plenty of tread and no visible damage).

Someone mentioned finding a lower triple tree pinch bolt sheared and when he replaced it, the wobble went away. There are a lot of wobbly front ends out there (mine too) at 40 mph. I guess that explains why I don't make too many sweeping turns at 40 mph.

Yeah, I saw that about the pinch bolt. I am going to try to track this down because it's bugging me, even though it's not a 100% of the time kind of problem. Thanks for the reply.

Top end noise from the word go, progressively got worse, then bottom end noise started around 5500 miles, at 6400 miles oil coming out of bottom of front jug where it meets the crankcase. Service mgr (at a large dealership) told me this is becoming a problem on the 103 motors...they are having a problem on some of the bikes...oil coolers are slowing down the flow of oil to the top end, and consequently burning up. He told me they are rebuilding these and taking the oil coolers completely off and is fixing the flow problems.

Back