free website stats program Harley Problems | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Problems

Harley problems

• Total voters
No problems to speak of, rear break light switch only. 09 ultra with 26,000 on it now. Ablolutely best bike I've ever had. Just changed handlebars myself and I have to thank everyone, especially Glider for all the info I found on the site. Only did 2" pullbacks so far so good.

Here are the issue I have had on my 08 FLHTCU 22k

Electrical issues, 3 seperate issues - covered under warranty.
Both tires, rear breaks and front ball bearings at 12k back in June 2010
Sprocket, wheel bearings, rear wheel March of 2011
Both tires, rear breaks, Stator 21k October 2011

To me this is a lot, especially in a short amout of time and has set me back about $2,800.00 :nosad

Still love my ride though

Here are the issue I have had on my 08 FLHTCU 22k

Electrical issues, 3 seperate issues - covered under warranty.
Both tires, rear breaks and front ball bearings at 12k back in June 2010
Sprocket, wheel bearings, rear wheel March of 2011
Both tires, rear breaks, Stator 21k October 2011

To me this is a lot, especially in a short amout of time and has set me back about $2,800.00 :nosad

Still love my ride though

Tires & brakes should be counted as consumable not problems.

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

Okay...here is one for the books! Replaced my H-D battery with a Deka one...week later (last Monday to be exact). I turn on the ignition...DEAD...no lights...nothing! Come to find out the new battery terminals have a steel threaded insert with the lead poured around it...which was loose! Make sure you put bolts in all the threaded holes so the insert makes good contact. I'm going to write Deka in Pennsylvania on this silliness ...BEWARE!

Okay...here is one for the books! Replaced my H-D battery with a Deka one...week later (last Monday to be exact). I turn on the ignition...DEAD...no lights...nothing! Come to find out the new battery terminals have a steel threaded insert with the lead poured around it...which was loose! Make sure you put bolts in all the threaded holes so the insert makes good contact. I'm going to write Deka in Pennsylvania on this silliness ...BEWARE!

HMMMM, I will do a Help ticket on that at work, They now make the Die Hard batteries as well, We will get it fixed:s

2000 Flht with 80000 miles, bike down now for stator replacement, did the hyd cam chain swap at 32000 miles because I wanted to. Really no other problems.
Ken

Let's see

3 years in, only 2 problems I can recall, brake light switch, and steering adjustment.
Maybe not worth mentioning.

Back