free website stats program Harley leaving Milwaukee?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley leaving Milwaukee??

My opinion is, it all comes down to Union busting. Unions do not have the strong force as they use to, which is ashame. I strongly believe union work force is the way to go, due to skilled labor. You just cant call a temp agency and asked them for experience, which hampers the quality.
My only bad opinion of union labor is the cost. I being union, love my package as long as we or other union dont price our selfs out of jobs.

Dana Corp did the same thing, moved everything down south without union, saving millions.

And Harley, even though the people who came before us, built the companys public trust through quality, will sell out whoever they can to save a buck, hopefully it will catch up to them, in the pocket

Its things like the vikings offering Brett Favre a million dollars a game to play that hurts the working force. Which causes everyone to want/need more money to do what they like to do. If everyone just took a step back and said hey I really do not need that much to survive we could all get back to just working for a living. Greed is the only reason here.

I think it's possibly a bargaining tool however, in today's world it's getting harder and harder to compete. The union labor dollars have got to be killing them. I'm sure there are some southern states that would welcome Harley with open arms. I hate to see 107 years of history change like this though.

Tennessee would welcome them with open arms. We have a GM plant with all new robotics sitting idle in Spring Hill. Great Plant and a great state for HD! I would love to see them in Tennessee, and no unions necessary here!

remember when HD dealerships were few and far between, now there are brand new stores in every suburb. Just maybe they have to down size in this economy and everyone at the table give in a little.

+1 toddm. When the dealers were located in town they only sold Harley's. How about the expansion and turning the Harley dealerships into boutique shops selling more clothing etc. than bikes which were located near a major interstate and closing down the small shops. Where I live when this happened most all the Harley dealers started to sell metrics in the same showroom. How many sales where lost to metrics?

UAW built Toyotas in Tenn...
maybe non-union labor building HDs...
What a "krazy" world we live in.
wilks3

Blaming the "man" Brett Favre!!!!! Oh come on...GO PACKERS!!!!!

They could come to California. The rules, regulations, and taxes would wipe them out in a month.

It boils down to the bottom line. HD is a company, in it for profit answerable to their stock holders. They will go where they can make the most profit. It doesn't matter to me if they build the bikes in Milwaukee or not, as long as they stay in the States. Personally, if these union dominated states can't see the writing on the wall then let the free market work. Take a lesson from so many other industries that started out based here in the good ol' USA..they eventually shipped jobs overseas because of the expense of staying here.

"the expense of staying here..."
Ok, close your eyes and snap your fingers. Well alllllllright, all them darn unions are gone.
Now you get pay cut because there is no wage standard, stock holders decided this.
Now you can't buy all the things you don't need, plasma tvs, bass boats, big ol' 4-wheel drive trucks that NEVER see mud, and lastly, your big ol' chromed out Harley Hog.
If unions go away we ALL will suffer.
If HD's are non-union built, anybody think the price will go down? No, but stock holders will be happy. I'm done.
wilks3

Back