free website stats program Harley kits with incorrect parts | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley kits with incorrect parts

Nails

Got my chrome regulator cover in the mail and tried to install it this morning before I go riding with my buds today. The two chrome bolts in the kit are about a 1/4" short.

This is the second time this has happened to me. When I put on my QD back rest kit it was short two bolts long enough to put the rear spacers in. When I bought that kit at the dealership, the parts manager knew immediately what the issue was. He provided me the two longer bolts needed in order to install the kit.

Do ya'll experience these same things with HD parts???

I ordered the lid organizer for my Road King - I had planned on using only the left one since I don't use that as much. I received two right-hand ones.

Not yet, but I'll definitely be looking now. Luckily this only happens so far when I buy the cheap piece together furniture - although getting incorrect & missing parts is very frustrating. Need better QC.

It's Off Topic but I think it's important.... I know it looks pretty but I would think a Chrome regulator cover would really keep the heat in and suffocate the poor electronics inside the regulator. Those transistors and rectifiers inside are trying like crazy to get rid of the heat that is being created by conversion process.
Now that I think of it, in all the decades I having been playing with these things, I don't believe I have EVER seen a transistor heat sink that was chrome plated. And you just Know where a company would love to chrome plate a transistor heat sink don't you?? In Car Stereo power amps. I just came back from a SEMA show and don't believe there was 1 chrome plated xsistor heat sink in the entire place...

I love chrome just like the next guy, but I think that is 1 part I would leave flat black because we all know how many minutes your stator has to live once your regulator gets shorted..

True enough that the chrome plate will affect heat exchange slightly by perhaps degrees, but the overall heat exchange will be fine. Actually the key is total exposed surface area, and yes a flat or matte finish is more efficeint...surface dirt/grease has less of a tendancy to stick to the chrome, so you do get some benefit regarding heat exchange...besides a bit more *bling*!

When I went to pick up my windsheild the parts guy opened the box for inspection and there was no mounting hardware. The wendsheild had to be reordered

Back