free website stats program Harley History | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley History

Wish I owned one of those "bread boxes". Bet they getting into the "priceless" category. Closest I can come it to say I look like I never passed a breadbox (or a cold beer).:D

Wish I owned one of those "bread boxes". Bet they getting into the "priceless" category. Closest I can come it to say I look like I never passed a breadbox (or a cold beer).:D

My local dealer has one in the shop. Looks like (EDIT), but I am sure it is worth more than I could pay for it.

Both of his dealerships have soemwhat of a Museum of motorcycles. He probably has $1m in classic bikes easily. :p

**Great article by the way.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a beat up Cushman Eagle when the Topper came out in 1960. I remember "lusting" after everything that had 2 wheels and a motor, EXCEPT the HD Topper! I seem to remember they had heel-toe pedals in the floorboard for up-down shifting, that was sorta cool (I think).
I worked at a BMW & Yamaha shop when AMF bought HD, we were concerned that AMF would improve things and impact our business, hahaaa:D
It didn't take me long to believe they were improving when the Evo came out, I got a '87 XLH.

Back