Harley History

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Redfish-Joe, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

2. threesteps

threesteps Junior Member

Good article. A quick story of HD. Thanks.

3. Redfish-Joe

Can you believe that scooter they sold for a while? Looked like an old breadbox on wheels.:D

4. threesteps

threesteps Junior Member

Wish I owned one of those "bread boxes". Bet they getting into the "priceless" category. Closest I can come it to say I look like I never passed a breadbox (or a cold beer).:D

5. Eagle Rider

Eagle Rider Member

My local dealer has one in the shop. Looks like (EDIT), but I am sure it is worth more than I could pay for it.

Both of his dealerships have soemwhat of a Museum of motorcycles. He probably has $1m in classic bikes easily. :p

**Great article by the way.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

[note]
    A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
    [/note]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2009
  6. hippie13

hippie13 Active Member

very cool man

7. Badgerw

Badgerw Member

Thats great, thanks Redfish

8. 03classic

03classic Junior Member

I remember the AMF days wow that brings back memories.

9. Redfish-Joe

I had friends that had AMF Harleys. Kinda turned me off of Harleys for years.:D

10. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I had a beat up Cushman Eagle when the Topper came out in 1960. I remember "lusting" after everything that had 2 wheels and a motor, EXCEPT the HD Topper! I seem to remember they had heel-toe pedals in the floorboard for up-down shifting, that was sorta cool (I think).
    I worked at a BMW & Yamaha shop when AMF bought HD, we were concerned that AMF would improve things and impact our business, hahaaa:D
    It didn't take me long to believe they were improving when the Evo came out, I got a '87 XLH.