free website stats program Harley haters... | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley haters...

You never know... :p

I REALLY think you may be right!!

The main reason I stopped subscribing to a particular, very reputable motorcycle magazine that I have fairly faithfully been reading since high school is because of "apparently" irrational reviews. The journalist that finally put me off commented in a Softail Slim review that he would NEVER own a bike too wide to lane split or that had forward controls. The very next month the same guy reviews a Japanese Harley clone, I think a Star, that was also too wide with forward controls. He clearly stated that he could DEFINITELY see THAT bike in his garage.

This guy had been putting his foot in his mouth for years! Did you know that "The GERMANS bombed Pearl Harbor"?? This was not a subtle joke either when read in context.

Intentional??

I really start to think so.

:bigsmiley30:

I REALLY think you may be right!!

The main reason I stopped subscribing to a particular, very reputable motorcycle magazine that I have fairly faithfully been reading since high school is because of "apparently" irrational reviews. The journalist that finally put me off commented in a Softail Slim review that he would NEVER own a bike too wide to lane split or that had forward controls. The very next month the same guy reviews a Japanese Harley clone, I think a Star, that was also too wide with forward controls. He clearly stated that he could DEFINITELY see THAT bike in his garage.

This guy had been putting his foot in his mouth for years! Did you know that "The GERMANS bombed Pearl Harbor"?? This was not a subtle joke either when read in context.

Intentional??

I really start to think so.

:bigsmiley30:

That dude has been smelling too many gas fumes.....

For me it's all just a matter of preference. I prefer my HD bike. That simple.
I have owned metric bikes before and really liked them. I have no problems with metric bikes I think they are actually pretty well made. I just prefer to spend my money on HD. We all had a choice when purchasing our bikes. And there are many to choose from. I say, ride what you have and be happy. No need for anyone to bash anyone or anything over a motorcycle. But I will say this -- a buddy of mine rides a GW trike. I say thats a nice bike you have there, plenty of power and storage room etc -- I like this and/or that about it. And he says my bike must be scared its shakin'. (yeah that's right - he's jealous):D:D

Bill

I, too, prefer the HD. Have driven and owned a LOT of them. My buddy, who rides with me occasionally on his 2012 Gold Wing is always making jokes. I took a pic of his bike...well...something that SOUNDS like his bike anyway...

:lolrolling

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 16
That dude has been smelling too many gas fumes.....

You got that right Flipper!!

I tried for the last few years to not let one writer ruin the whole magazine for me but it got to the point where I couldn't enjoy the rest of the magazine anymore. Every issue displayed the same "hater" attitude somewhere, not just Harley Davidson, but mostly. Some people just can't stand to see an AMERICAN company succeed?!?!?!?!?!?!

I bet they give glowing reviews all around to the Indian though, at least for a while.(until they discover that they are made in USA too)

Even with forward controls and too wide to lane split in California!

:49:

I don't understand it either, but I'm old enough now not to care. My money, my choice, the only one who has to like the bike is me.

And a quote from C. S. Lewis:

"No man who says I’m as good as you believes it. He would not say it if he did. The St. Bernard never says it to the toy dog, nor the scholar to the dunce, nor the employable to the bum, nor the pretty woman to the plain. The claim to equality, outside the strictly political field, is made only by those who feel themselves to be in some way inferior. What it expresses is precisely the itching, smarting, writhing awareness of an inferiority which the patient refuses to accept."

WOW! that is deep Silverfox
Mine has done only 28K and is still running strong, hope mine doesn't need rebuilding LOL.
We love what we ride and we ride what we love as far as I'm concerned.
I've had Kawasaki, Suzuki etc., but when I bought this Harley, I found a new way of riding - a pleasure and pride in a motorcycle that is built well, great to handle and solid enough to save my life due to the car that hit me couldn't push me any further than just knocking me over onto the road.
If I was on a lightweight, it might be another story.
Harleys might be still an old design, but will always be a classic design. People marvel at the sight of them too. Over here, for every Harley on our roads, you will see hundreds of the other makes.
Long live the classics I say.

Meeting folks out by who ride other bikes, over the years I have never yet met a Harley basher in the flesh. Sure, you get the very occasional remark about Harleys which might be mildly negative but, if anything, it's the normal light hearted face-to-face banter that goes on between bikers of all ilks.
I find that the bashing is mainly done through social media, bike forums etc (and I've seen a few of them) which enable the bashers to articulate their "opinions" with the benefit of anonymity. Keyboard commandos so to speak.
But now....who could take folk like that, let alone the said forums, seriously?

When I bought my 09 ultra I priced out the goldwing & venture for the heck of it . the wing was 5000 more & could not decorate the way I wanted - the most commoned comment I get is Harley`s are expensive. then I tell them about the wing price. I have only offer one person to take the ultra for a ride & he turned me down both times. I think he was afraid that if he rode it he would want one
he bought a used wing that was in his price range. his next bike will be a harley.

I have a Harley Road Glide and a Wing. There are more than enough things on both bikes to like and dislike, and to make jokes about.

Back