Harley gps

Discussion in 'Communications And Radio' started by packman1967, Nov 8, 2009.

1. packman1967

packman1967 New Member

Does any one no how much it costs turn the gps on that is in the radio and is that gps any good. I have a 09 ultra classic.

2. packman1967

packman1967 New Member

I think i will do that thanks for your input.

3. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

My '07 catalog shows it as $1,000, and then there are 3 or 4 items below it that are "required" for installation. For that kind of money you can get the best gps on the market and a couple of nights in a good hotel.

4. jaceddie

jaceddie Junior Member

I helped a friend set one up on a CVO ultra that came with the HD gps. Difficult to set up and IMO not very user friendly.

5. Jim B.

Jim B. Junior Member

My friend and I both have Road Glides. I have a Garmin unit that cost me about $300 because a new model was coming out. It cost me another $15.00 for a RAM mount. My friend bought the HD unit. It cost him about $1,100 to buy the unit and get it installed. My unit does everything his does except it doesn't have a dedicated button to find any Harley dealers that might be nearby. I don't think that button is worth $800.

6. Jim B.

Jim B. Junior Member

BigLew55, my mistake. I had no idea that some HD radios came with GPS systems. Given what some of the other posters have said, it looks like a stand-alone unit would be better than the radio system.

BTW, I have a Garmin Nuvi 660. I originally bought it for the car but it also works well on the bike. However, I do have to cover it with a plastic bag when it rains. It is not waterproof like some (or all?) of the Zumo's. I think that the HD unit is a custom programmed Zumo but I don't know that for sure.