free website stats program Harley gps | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley gps

packman1967

Does any one no how much it costs turn the gps on that is in the radio and is that gps any good. I have a 09 ultra classic.

Does any one no how much it costs turn the gps on that is in the radio and is that gps any good. I have a 09 ultra classic.

My '07 catalog shows it as $1,000, and then there are 3 or 4 items below it that are "required" for installation. For that kind of money you can get the best gps on the market and a couple of nights in a good hotel.

Hobbit said it! The GPS in the radio only gives specific directions. It also ties up your CD player while using the GPS.

Just about anything besides that one. I read a lot on another CVO themed forum, and even the guys who get this sytem stock on their bikes invest in other systems.

I helped a friend set one up on a CVO ultra that came with the HD gps. Difficult to set up and IMO not very user friendly.

My friend and I both have Road Glides. I have a Garmin unit that cost me about $300 because a new model was coming out. It cost me another $15.00 for a RAM mount. My friend bought the HD unit. It cost him about $1,100 to buy the unit and get it installed. My unit does everything his does except it doesn't have a dedicated button to find any Harley dealers that might be nearby. I don't think that button is worth $800.

Jim, this thread was talking about the GPS system installed in the HK radio. Unless I'm mistaken, you and your friend both have Zumo 550s?

BigLew55, my mistake. I had no idea that some HD radios came with GPS systems. Given what some of the other posters have said, it looks like a stand-alone unit would be better than the radio system.

BTW, I have a Garmin Nuvi 660. I originally bought it for the car but it also works well on the bike. However, I do have to cover it with a plastic bag when it rains. It is not waterproof like some (or all?) of the Zumo's. I think that the HD unit is a custom programmed Zumo but I don't know that for sure.

Back