free website stats program Harley front end lowering kit | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley front end lowering kit

03DRESSER

I have a 2003 electra glide classic just put the harley factory lowering kit in the left side is a cartridge type set everything up as per the instruction sheet and manual but my travel is down to about a half to one inch where as stock was about four to six inchs of travel is this correct when the lowering kit is installed thank you

It sure don't sound right to me. Is there any info in the instructions about how much this kit will lower the front end? Say if it is suppose to lower by 1 inch then you should have 1 inch less travel then before, that sound right to you?

I think Animal is onto something here, I would re read the instructions and verify how much it will lower the bike, my guess is 1 inch lower over all and both forks equall

I'm getting ready to install this kit on my '04 Electra Glide Classic. Did you find out what was limiting the fork travel? Thanks

I used the Burley Slam kit on my 09 EG, had the dealer install it when I bought the bike new and the way I read the install instructions (for my own benifit) was that it lowered the front by one (1") inch and the rear by one and half (1 1/2") inches. Due to the lowering this is the amount of travel that I lost in the shocks. It stands to reason that every little bit you lower due to shock travel is travel you will lose in the ride. What makes up the differance in the ride is that when lowering shocks and springs (front end) are used they tend to be stiffer than oem thereby compensating for the less travel.

Back