free website stats program Harley for tall guys???!!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley for tall guys???!!!

JUST a SUGGESTION.... Kurt

To get you COMFORTABLY off your Honda and onto a HARLEY...

If you find a HD Dealer you Would buy from, Go ask the Sales Manager OR better yet the Owner,,,,, IF and that is IF he'll work out a Bike that will fit you,,,,, You will Buy it... asking to toss all the necessary parts for your comfort at no x-tra chg. They have ROOM....

Asking for all the needed things Thrown in and YOU just have to purchase... NOW this Might work.... Especially them Not have to pay a commission to the sales dept. a start. And the slow economy.. MIGHT make this WORK.....

Let me Know if this works and if you'll try.

signed....BUBBIE

I am 6'6'' and ride a 02 ultr and i am very comfortable.I have had several gold wings and a venture royal and this is the best of all i will not go back to a metric.

The one thing I noticed years ago is you sit in A Harley not on top like brand X that said there are many ways as already pointed out to make your bike fit you better

The police model with the solo seat has a pretty high ride height compared to most stock Harleys. I am 6-1 and it is very comfortable.

Kurt,
Are you sitting to close to the bars or too low or both?
The guy I bought my bike from was tall and he had a seat that brought him rearward 4". When I replaced the seat with the stock seat it instantly was near perfect for me. As was said, any worthy Dealer will assist you. By the way have you tried to get into some of the Japanese cars lately?

Kurt,
Are you sitting to close to the bars or too low or both?
The guy I bought my bike from was tall and he had a seat that brought him rearward 4". When I replaced the seat with the stock seat it instantly was near perfect for me. As was said, any worthy Dealer will assist you. By the way have you tried to get into some of the Japanese cars lately?

Here is a comp,

2011 Suzuki m109 2011 Electra Glide Classic

Length 96.5" 98.3"
Wheel Base 67.3" 63.5
Seat height 27.8 27.3"

Tell that to Scott Baker, he is 6'4" Grand Nationals Champion. But I agree I am 6'2" and I hate my Harley, I have been riding since I was 14. every kinda bike in the world. The problem is in your seat. Most bikes seats are the same hieght as the gas tank. Most Harley's the seat takes a dip down between the back fender and gas tank. Toss that seat out, spend your bread on a seat post and T, this will raise the seat up 8 or 10 inches....

Kurt, you can make adjustments to make the bike fit you better. My husband is 6'4" and he has an electra glide classic that he has adjusted to fit him quite comfortably. (Even though when I ride it, I can't use the highway pegs because I can't reach them) I couldn't get him to change that feature. :)

If you read around on the forum, you can see what others have done with the Tall Boy seats, extensions for the shifters etc.

If there is a will, there is a way. :s Good luck!

I agree Joy. I am 6’ 8” tall, 275 lbs. My 05 FLHTCI and my 88 FLHS are very comfortable. My wife and I have rode the FLHS Electra Glide from our home in Ga. to her hometown in Wisconsin 9 or 10 times with no discomfort at all. I simply added a tall boy touring seat, highway pes extensions and nothing else.

Back