free website stats program Harley Footwear/Boots | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Footwear/Boots

CalvinKnight

hey everyone!
I'm new to the Harley Davidson community and I'm wondering what sort of performance boots does everyone wear when riding? Do most people who drive Harley's, where Harley gear, or are there others out there that wear other brands?

Welcome and I really don't think it's very important what brand of boots anyone wears. Most important is to have a decent pair of boots that protect your instep just in case it's needed. Good support around the ankles is a good thing also.

Welcome and I really don't think it's very important what brand of boots anyone wears. Most important is to have a decent pair of boots that protect your instep just in case it's needed. Good support around the ankles is a good thing also.

Glider, you should know better than that! If it doesn't have the HD logo, an eagle and a skull on it, it can't be good!! :p

To the OP, you might try http://www.leatherup.com. I got a pair of harness style boots for $60 and they are really comfortable and seem well built. I found that their sizes run large. I ended up with size 9 boots and I wear size 10/ 10 1/2 shoes. I would start out ordering a full size smaller than your dress shoe or sneaker.

The sole on the boot is important also, if you stop and there is gravel, water or oil spots on the road you don't want to lose your footing. Any cowhide for chaps, leather pants or jacket will provide good protection in a spill. Lamb not so good. Light or heavy gloves is based on temp. Make sure the boots don't have a soft or plastic Neopreyne type heel or you may be spending a few hours getting it off your pipes.JMO

I own HD boots, gift from wife a couple of years ago.

I have tried on many different styles of their boots, yet to find anything comfortable.

I wear Rocky boots. Not only do you want a good boot for riding, but think about when you ride, you usually end up getting off and walking around someplace. Just make sure they are comfortable.

hey everyone!
I'm new to the Harley Davidson community and I'm wondering what sort of performance boots does everyone wear when riding? Do most people who drive Harley's, where Harley gear, or are there others out there that wear other brands?

The wife bought a pair of H-D boots from a place advertised on this site--- RockinLeather --- Pd. --I believe- $95 for them. Seen the same boot today at a HD Dealer in Springfield,ILL on sale for $125.

Back