free website stats program Harley Finance service | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Finance service

I absolutely can not stand Harley Financial. If I call and give them my account number they still will not talk to me unless i give them my phone number, work number, complete home address, complete work address, social secutiry number, cell number, etc .........all that stuff. they basically make you give them all the info on your credit app everytime you call. And I'm not late on my payments!!! I will NEVER and I mean NEVER do business with them again, even if I pay more. I called them once to ask a question regarding payoff amount and half way through all the questions I told them they already had all my current info, that nothing had changed and that I was not answering any more questions. They told me, and I quote, "Well I guess this conversation is over." Never will I do business with them again.

they still will not talk to me unless i give them my phone number, work number, complete home address, complete work address, social secutiry number, cell number, etc .........all that stuff. .

I am not taking their side, but with all the low life people trying to steal your identity and such, it may be a good thing that they put you through the mill before they talk to you. I doubt they just want to give anyone a hard time. It's probably for your protection.

i got an 11% rate:small3d023:

got a bank loan at 3% and paid it off. i will save about $7000.00 interest in 7 years.:D

i have a question, i went the 72 months route also, i got lock in at 9.99% for 72
the bike cost total with gap insurance, and tax and 2 year warranty, $12,512.00

they pay off in 72 months the bike will have cost me $17,690.00
after i get my bike down to 60 months or even 48 months, Can i refinace it through my personal bank?? i'd like to get my note to drop and save me the $4,000 + dollars.

Can i refinace it through my personal bank?? i'd like to get my note to drop and save me the $4,000 + dollars.

Sure... but before you switch banks or start a new loan, make sure the one you now have is a 'simple interest' loan. That is on each month's payment, the same amount of dollars is applied to interest and the same amount of dollars is applied to principal for each month. It most likely is, but just make sure it's not front interest loaded because nothing banks do would surprise me anymore.

Whoo Hoo! Got my title today, I actually own my bike now. Life is good and it is sunny and warm here to boot! Going for a nice ride tomorrow...

I called my bank when i was lookin, they wanted 10 % interest:newsmile055:
i then called my credit union, 3%
so now i make xtra payments with the money saved:bigsmiley11:

About a year ago when I went to purchase my 09 Ultra, I checked all of the routes that could be taken - I ended up using the Credit Union - lowest rates around and no penalties for early repayment.

Gator454

I still believe cash is king. I know may people think they are going to get a better deal if they finance through the finance department. Truth is the sales manager could care less, it's all about units moved. If you do your homework you will pay what you think you should pay. They won;t let you walk if they think you can get the deal your offering elsewhere.

I usually do my homework way before I ever walk into a dealership be it bikes or cars or even RV's ( I ended up actually paying 200 under dealer cost for the one I currently own). My strategy would not work on limited edition type things or rarer things but something like a black harley...lol.

I have no problem walking in to any dealer and letting them know I will pay MSRP +tags, title, tax they can keep their assembly and paperwork (edit). Do we have a deal or do we not have a deal, there are other dealers yes or no. If I get the it has this and that on it, well take it off I don't want that junk.

I don't want to spend 4-6 hours at a dealership, it should take them no more than 30 minutes to have me out the door, I dont need to sit on it or look at anything else. I will usually have a cashiers check already in my pocket for what I know I can get it for, walk right up to the sales manager and point to the bike I know I want and say here ya go, yes or no? Which one of your guys needs a sale today?

If the salesman treats me right, I will slip him a couple hundred cash OUTSIDE ( so he does not get hit with dealer pack fees etc etc etc on his commission check)

It also helps to have a few friends in the biz that you can call and ask what their cost plus shipping actually is, on the 28th-30th day of the month you could actually get away with just covering that plus tax, title, tags as the sales managers job is on the line at the end of every month, if its a slow month like in the winter you will have your deal.

I have over 8 years of car/motorcycle/atv sales under my belt and know how these dealerships all work.

Language is not permitted on this forum.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back