free website stats program Harley Extended Brake Pedal | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Extended Brake Pedal

atm33

Installed the Harley extended brake pedal (part number 41600012). I first tried the Kuryakyn version only to find that it isn't any longer than stock, but just moves the position down a bit. The Harley pedal is longer than stock by 1-1/2" or 2" AND moves the position down. This allows for more room for guys with size 13's like me, and puts the pedal in a more natural position without having to lift your foot too far off the board. The install if fairly simple and straight-forward, but does have its issues. You have to take out the engine guard bottom bolts, and loosen the top bolt to swing the guard forward and out of the way. You may also have to remove the footboard (I had to do this but can't remember if it was needed for just the Kury pedal or both). The biggest problem is that you have to remove and install a tiny cotter pin attaching the pedal to the rear master cylinder. If you remove the pipe it is much easier to reach, but I didn't want to so I had to work at it awhile to get the cotter pin back in. Though the install is a bit of a pain, the results are well worth it, especially if you have moved the boards forward and/or if you need more room. I have a great pic showing the difference between stock, Kury, and HD extended, but I have no idea how to insert it here (if someone wants to clue me in I'll give it a try).... HD cost for the pedal is a crazy sum of around $170. I got one barely used on Ebay for less than $50 shipped, so look around and get a deal. Hope this helps someone thinking about getting one.

Hit reply to post. You will see paper clip in upper margin. lick on clip and you will see how you can browse your computer to find pictures and attach to form. Then click upload and search files and it will end up on post...

Thanks dbmg, if I did this right, there should be a picture attached as described in the opening post.

Attachments

• lever comparison.png
    lever comparison.png
    720.5 KB · Views: 53
Yep. When I first wrote the review, I clicked on the paper clip, but somehow only saw the "upload from url" thing, which I was clueless on. Thanks for the instructions!

Yep. When I first wrote the review, I clicked on the paper clip, but somehow only saw the "upload from url" thing, which I was clueless on. Thanks for the instructions!

No problem. Glad to help..:s

Along with the brake pedal, I also installed an extended shift lever and board extensions which I'll review separately.

You did good waiting on a used one. Nice savings! If I were to buy new ones at that kind of price, I would opt for these. I am waiting for black though.....

Extended Brake Pedals

You did good waiting on a used one. Nice savings! If I were to buy new ones at that kind of price, I would opt for these. I am waiting for black though.....

Extended Brake Pedals

Maybe they have black, but haven't seen it. I see you're in central Fla. I lived in Orlando for several years and miss the year round riding. In Ohio now and hate anything below 60... Florida spoiled me.

Back