free website stats program Harley Exhaust Comparison | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Exhaust Comparison

I guess my take on it is the word "True". Otherwise they are just duel as in having the crossover.

With the true duel using the cross over the exhaust is dispersed evenly without restriction.
I have true duals with the cross over, putting my hand in front of the tip and the volume in equal as the exhaust leaves the pipe and you can not touch either pipe without a major burn.

With the true duel using the cross over the exhaust is dispersed evenly without restriction.
I have true duals with the cross over, putting my hand in front of the tip and the volume in equal as the exhaust leaves the pipe and you can not touch either pipe without a major burn.
So on a '16 Streetglide with stock head pipes, cats removed, and Rinehart mufflers, is it normal to have more exhaust coming out from the right side?

So on a '16 Streetglide with stock head pipes, cats removed, and Rinehart mufflers, is it normal to have more exhaust coming out from the right side?

If not running the cross over pipe to create true duels you'll get more exhaust out of 1 pipe than the other.
I'm not sure it makes a world of difference but it's noticeable if you hold your hand in front of each tail pipe.

If not running the cross over pipe to create true duels you'll get more exhaust out of 1 pipe than the other.
I'm not sure it makes a world of difference but it's noticeable if you hold your hand in front of each tail pipe.
Yep I do get more out of the right side pipe. Just have the stock head pipes. Glad to know its normal. Thanks Jack.

Great comments! Thanks! I'm trying to dial back my 2010 Ultra to stock for resale. It has 255 cams, Screaming Eagle SE complete exhaust with Street Cannon (Catalytic converter in) slip-ons. Had it dyno'd for great pull and torque on demand at low rpm's.
I'm thinking of putting a stock header pipe and stock slip-ons with additional small holes drilled in the one-hole frost plugs in the centre of each slip-on front and rear. Mechanic at my local dealer suggested punching out the frost plugs, and letting the EFI adjust itself.

Any thoughts or comments?.....thanks

Great comments! Thanks! I'm trying to dial back my 2010 Ultra to stock for resale. It has 255 cams, Screaming Eagle SE complete exhaust with Street Cannon (Catalytic converter in) slip-ons. Had it dyno'd for great pull and torque on demand at low rpm's.
I'm thinking of putting a stock header pipe and stock slip-ons with additional small holes drilled in the one-hole frost plugs in the centre of each slip-on front and rear. Mechanic at my local dealer suggested punching out the frost plugs, and letting the EFI adjust itself.

Any thoughts or comments?.....thanks

Leave it as it was after it was dyno'd. If I was purchasing a bike that had been retuned for performance equipment and then found out that the PO removed that equipment and left me with an improper tune, I'd cancel the sale.

I agree with Dan to leave it with the current set up.
If I was looking to buy the bike and found out the upgrades it had and than the exhaust was put back to stock, with damaged mufflers, might make me low ball the price or wonder what else was jerry rigged.
I had a 03 RKC and punched the front plugs on the mufflers, didn't do anything good, and sounded worse.
Ended up putting on Hooker mufflers after that.

Back