free website stats program Harley Engine Lifespan | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Engine Lifespan

Rich we should frame this one it"s the shortest post you have ever had!:D

Close, I can't find the thread but there was one where he said TWO WORDS and single period...AND NO SMILEY!

No, it was not in the thread on Global Warming either! :D

Your absolutely right...I learned a long time ago that my 6 belongs to my employer for 8 + hours a day, the harder I work and the more I keep my mind on the task at hand
1. time flys by
2. I feel good about what I've done
3. I sleep better
4. I slip below the radar when it comes time for a lay-off (union construction you've got to expect that)
people today have no sense of pride, like you said it's all about the paycheck, they look to slack (leave early, spend time in the can, horseplay...)
I've got to admire the work ethic of the Japanese...doesn't mean I going to run out and give them my money...ain't gonna happen (you'all know my feelings on that)...
GAZZA old son,i sort of agree.I work in a line of business that is now paying the price for not employing Apprentices for years.Citing monetary costs mainly for their slothfulness.Now we're employing Electricians from around the Globe and expecting them to be able to do 'the job'.And a specialized one at that.

I frequently have 15 to 20 employees working under my direction:working at heights up to 17 meters(50-60 feet) and on live wires.Comes in at about number 10 on the top ten of dangerous jobs.
Most guys only want to work about half a day,skimp on safety procedures and only do what THEYwant.No pride:eek:nly paycheck!
Thing is,making it home alive is our Number One Objective.I find it OH SO HARD to believe that workers seem to be so slack.At work,when you're busy,the time goes by so quick,and in my job ,unless you concentrate fully on your tasks,you place at risk members of the public(incorrect electrical connections),or yourself,or your workmates.

I've always believed in a fair day's work for a fair day's pay.It seems that on both sides of the Pacific Ocean,that premise is being sunk.

UMM,what does this have to do with Harley engine's lifespans?

Last edited:
To me it's about quality. I'm a hard working American that Makes a quality product. I try every day to have better quality and a better product than the next guy. We're not always the cheapest but I like to think people will pay the extra $$ because of the quality, not where it's made.
That used to a be the way most Americans thought hence "American Made" meant a quality product built with American pride. Seems like now days more and more people just show up for a paycheck and and couldn't care less about the quality of their work.

Funny you should mention that.My brother;the bottom one of three; actually coined a phrase that was used Australia wide to promote Aussie made goods."Make it here,or jobs disappear".And then he went and bought a Fatboy.So his money went offshore.To you guys.
Every H-D that is sold outside of the USA is REMOVING money from that economy and giving it to you!

Now,like my less intelligent brother,i too am a staunch Union member.Do we black ban H-d's because they're Foreign products?
This is a can of worms.
And another side of a story.Ride safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
and how many USD does Keith Urban, Russell Crowe or Nichole Kidman and AC/DC deposit into an Aussie Bank...or how many cases of that delicous Fosters Lager get shipped to US...and aside from that what does Australia export...
My U.S. Navy ship made a fuel stop in Perth, I was lucky enough to get liberty and go ashore, we went into a club (in uniform), we got maybe 5 steps in when a chorus of "Yankee go home" was heard, in spite of that rude welcome I hold no animosity towards y'all...!

M -a -a- t-e!;we export Casey Stoner(Wonder Kid and superior teamate to Nicky Hayden);Nicole Kidman(you can have HER);Russell Crowe(he's a Kiwi-New Zealander-don't want him) and is Keith Urban an Aussie?I didn't know that.

Acka Dakka is a Worldwide treasure and i believe that we are NOT allowed to claim them as Australians.It's against the law!

And IF your boat had come into Brisbane,we all would've been out there on the water wishing you a most happy day.The people in Perth are regarded in Australia as backward Philistines who dont know how to treat our Allies with the utmost respect.:DAbsolute cretins,mate!

And i drink XXXX mate.(that's 4x-made in Brisbane and imbibed Worldwide).Please,we are a cultural city;not some bucolic backwater.

the U.S. could do alot to make a more business freindly environment. less taxes, less over regulation, if the government would get out of americans way we would roll like a freight train again.

I've owned a many water cooled jap bikes. This is my first Harley. If it broke down once a year for the rest of my life or more as far as that goes. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I've never been prouder of owning anything in my life. I truely believe if I take care of her.. she'll take care of me, just like anything else you own jap or american built. It's the pride of the ride that sold me! I have a friend of mine to thank... he let me ride his Harley one day and that was all it took!

Good Luck!

Walt

I bought a new Suzuki cruser last year, road it from upstate NY to Tenn., Great ride, Had a ball, Owned lots of bikes over the years, Triumph, BSA, honda, kaw.,and an 56 pan, Just added a sporty when I got home from Tenn. and there all different but there's something about a harley that is hard to describe (american iron) ride one and you'll buy one.

M -a -a- t-e!;we export Casey Stoner(Wonder Kid and superior teamate to Nicky Hayden);Nicole Kidman(you can have HER);Russell Crowe(he's a Kiwi-New Zealander-don't want him) and is Keith Urban an Aussie?I didn't know that.

Acka Dakka is a Worldwide treasure and i believe that we are NOT allowed to claim them as Australians.It's against the law!

And IF your boat had come into Brisbane,we all would've been out there on the water wishing you a most happy day.The people in Perth are regarded in Australia as backward Philistines who dont know how to treat our Allies with the utmost respect.:DAbsolute cretins,mate!

And i drink XXXX mate.(that's 4x-made in Brisbane and imbibed Worldwide).Please,we are a cultural city;not some bucolic backwater.

Several years ago I went to Australia on a vacation. Beautiful land.

The locals kept calling my wife and I, "yank tanks." Never found out what it meant until I got home. I won't be going back there again.

I found the Germans to be most hospitable. Never bought my own beer at all when I went back there on vacation.

Back