free website stats program Harley Engine Lifespan | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Engine Lifespan

I too was wondering the same thing about my 883 standard. It's a 2007 and I had it built by a Harley mechanic to a 1200 with the screamin eagle Stage 1 kit. I also put a stage 1 screamin eagle air cleaner on it.... with Screamin Eagle slash cut mufflers. I'm 55 and I treat it like a Big twin. It's lucky to have seen 4000 rpm. If I get 100k out of it.... I won't need another bike. Is this right? Thanks !!!

I really don't think Japan is the country we be boycotting,or hating. We did some pretty terrible things to them also, but that's the past and not my point.

Japan makes and produces very high quality products in many lines. IMO it's china we need to watch out for. They're the ones flooding the world markets with cheap junk, and everyone keeps buy it to save a buck. Shame on us.

Oh by the way, half or more of the stuff at the Harley dealer is made in China:wall

For pennies on the dollar and we pay the highest price anywhere for this garbage because it says HD on it.

I don't, and I won't.:28: When I got a fuel line from my local dealer it said made in Mexico. I took it back and told them I can make one from parts at Napa for less money. They got me one made in the USA.:s Or at least it said it was on the package.

I really don't think Japan is the country we be boycotting,or hating. We did some pretty terrible things to them also, but that's the past and not my point.

Japan makes and produces very high quality products in many lines. IMO it's china we need to watch out for. They're the ones flooding the world markets with cheap junk, and everyone keeps buy it to save a buck. Shame on us.

Oh by the way, half or more of the stuff at the Harley dealer is made in China:wall

I've always said that since they couldn't lick us a war they'd figure out another way to do it, and they are. Just another pearl harbor, slow, yes, but defeating us economically.

Acutally their government subsidizes their companies monatarily here in the US who make the same products as US companies. When the US company closes the Japanese companies raise prices to what the American companies prices were.

You are missing the point. It is not about quality, Japan or China. It is about American jobs. We all need to support American companies. True HD has too many parts made in China, one is too many, but at least the corporate money stays here. Thats why I buy only HD, and one of the three American cars. We can't avoid all the imports or we would not survive....but we need to do what we can. I hope all here will.

You are missing the point. It is not about quality, Japan or China. It is about American jobs. We all need to support American companies. True HD has too many parts made in China, one is too many, but at least the corporate money stays here. Thats why I buy only HD, and one of the three American cars. We can't avoid all the imports or we would not survive....but we need to do what we can. I hope all here will.

To me it's about quality. I'm a hard working American that Makes a quality product. I try every day to have better quality and a better product than the next guy. We're not always the cheapest but I like to think people will pay the extra $$ because of the quality, not where it's made.
That used to a be the way most Americans thought hence "American Made" meant a quality product built with American pride. Seems like now days more and more people just show up for a paycheck and and couldn't care less about the quality of their work.
Since I do work hard for my $$ I'm not gonna Pay extra cash for an inferior product, and I'm not gonna pay inflated prices for junk made in China just because it has a worthless logo on it that has nothing to do with anything.
The world is a lot smaller today than it was 100 years ago, and even 40 years ago. A lot of things change with time, and economy changes by the minute.
If you think I'm missing the point tell that to the companies that are shipping jobs over seas so they have cheap labor costs and still charge the big American prices for their product. They get richer and we get poorer. That's the "corporate" American way.

Back