free website stats program Harley Engine Lifespan | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Engine Lifespan

I drive a 2003 Subaru Outback that was made in West Lafayette Indiana, so in my mind I am keeping American workers working. Their income is spent here to keep other Americans working, Is that okey?:bigsmiley5: ( I really love the car:bigsmiley16:)Would hate to have anyone think me unAmerican as my son and daughter-in-law are both career Army officers and we own 2 Harleys and a Chrysler PT Cruiser.:42::42::42::42::bigsmiley12:

pays for the CEO's American Jet....so they can afford to gto ask for our American Taxmoney....

We've gone down this road before. I buy what suits me, it just happens to be a Chevy.

We have somehow ended up with a chev a ford a dodge and 2 jeeps plus one Harley

I've owned a many water cooled jap bikes. This is my first Harley. If it broke down once a year for the rest of my life or more as far as that goes. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I've never been prouder of owning anything in my life. I truely believe if I take care of her.. she'll take care of me, just like anything else you own jap or american built. It's the pride of the ride that sold me! I have a friend of mine to thank... he let me ride his Harley one day and that was all it took!

Good Luck!

Walt

Most of the money you spent on that American "BUILT" Subaru went right back to Japan, where that Japanese businessman turned around and bought an American Bank, lock stock and barrel, or went and spent that American money on an suduku fest or something where that American money will never benefit an American...you buy an American vehicle, the dealer gives his employees some, some to the Manufacrurer or some to a bank...but that American money stays in America...

What we think of as Japanese cars are not nessesarily true.Only Honda and Toyota are truely Japanese owned companies and those 2 happen to build more American assembled cars than the others.Subaru is owned in part by GM and there parts are delivered to my shop by a Gm dealer, as are Saab parts.Need a Mazda door?Give Ford a call.Mitsubishi..try Dodge.Even Nissan is majority owned by a French company that is perhaps in bed with one of the big 3.Truth is the big 3 are sooo big it wont effect just the U.S. if they go down.Maybe you chose a fancy Euro car and bought a VW..sorry that was built in Brazil.What we always thought of as buying American is no longer a possibility.So go ahead and buy that Chevy that was built in Canada.

9 Japanese Automakers

Check this out also. Very interesting info.

http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/im...03/thumb1280x1280_2364177540_0e30819365_o.jpg

thumb1280x1280_2364177540_0e30819365_o.jpg

Jake, we must be related :D

Who is going to invest in engine work and not utilize the extra power?

Me!! I did a stage 1 upgrade about a year into owning my 1200N and I noticed that I don't hammer on it nearly as much as I did when it was stock. I don't have to because the bike runs better. And I know that if I hammer on it I have to fix it!! We all know Harley will tell me whatever is wrong with it isn't their fault anyway.

I was without a computer for a few weeks and wow did I miss some cool posts. I was reading the post in the Sportster section about the guys 1200 conversion, and I'm glad I was away cause I probably would have been asked to leave the forum with what I would have said to the stealer's employee. Good thing you closed it.

Anyway my HD forum brothers and sisters, I sincerely hope you and yours are enjoying a wonderful holiday season.

It's best you didn't reply to that post. We've had others here before with the same "dealer" mentality that didn't last too long either. IMO they are just trying to undermine the thoughts that customers have of the dealers when we are told "they all do that" and similar lies that we are told.

Arguing with them is fruitless because they only see the way they are taught in their job and will end up with getting a good member removed from the forum in the process

If you see something you feel isn't proper on the forum choose the "report post" icon in the upper right of that post and send it in to us.

Let us deal with these people.

Hey glider after reading that post wow it did get heated. This is my favorite forum that I belong to it isn't that hard to follow the rules, so I doubt that you'll be throwing me off anytime soon. Unless of course a bitter hatred for some dealers would constitute that. Anyway I know that isn't the case and I know from talking to you on here that I can feel that way and express that as long as I don't (edited) swear like a teamster....... Yeah I'll bet moderating this site is a real pain in the butt for you guys. Y'all do a darn fine job of it, and you are pretty good at reading between the lines to see sarcasm and a little off color comedy here and there. I have put up some pretty sarcastic comments and have never been the victim censorship.

Glad I got my computer back good chatting with you again. Here's to a fine 09 and another couple hundred posts. Take it easy my friend..........

I just want to add that I own a 2002 monticarlo ss that I bought new the spedo reads 287,000. miles other then 4 sets tires 3 tuneups 4 sets of brakes . I replaces one wheel hub and a mass airflow sensor. as for quality I think it speaks for it self , and the chrysler I had before this car had 331,000 on her with minimal problems before I gave it to my wrecklose of a son,but thats a diffrent story he totaled 5 cars inside of one year all were american made and he still alive.GOD Bless America.

Back