free website stats program harley dyna wide glide rider's backrest | Harley Davidson Forums

harley dyna wide glide rider's backrest

I am looking for a rider's backrest for a 1993 harley dyna wide glide. or one that's compatible.

• hdtimeline

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ebay

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mary hough

I am looking for a 1993 Harley Dyna Glide Wide driver's back rest or one that is compatible Every website I have checked so far does not have a thing. Does anyone have a backrest for this bike. Or I'll take suggestions of where I might be able to find one. Thank you

I have a 52749-85a from my 98 Springer, but I doubt that it would fit. You need the original part number, and you can do a search with it.

I have a 52749-85a from my 98 Springer, but I doubt that it would fit. You need the original part number, and you can do a search with it.
Thank you Blue. I was up all night trying to find who had this part. The original doesn't exist anymore, anywhere. Looks like I'm going to have to buy a new seat for it which comes with the backrest. Have a good night.

Are you looking for a "sissy bar" that mounts to the fender, and goes behind the passenger end of the seat, or a backrest that goes behind the rider. I have a Mustang seat on my 05 Wide Glide that goes behind the rider, and they also sell a passenger backrest.

I'm looking for a driver's backrest only. While making calls to different companies, I was told by a couple of customer service reps that a backrest fits the 1993 -1995 Dyna and then I've also been told that no backrest will fit these years and that I would need to buy a new seat that comes with a backrest. So I'm not sure what to believe. Presently, I have my eye on 2 backrests - a Drag Specialties EZ glide II pillow backrest and a Dominator driver's backrest (this one is suppose to fit any bike, any style). But, I spoke only to customer service about both backrest. I haven't spoken to a tech yet about them. Is your Mustang a seat or a backrest? If it's a backrest, do you have it for sale? My only concern would be is that yours may not fit the 1993 Dyna and I need to know for sure that it will fit. I don't know how to find out this info.. Our local Harley dealer techs won't tell me a thing, because they're just interested in selling me the new seat with backrest. So frustrating!

Take Care,
Mary

What does that say about Harley Davidson part availability for older models in general?

Where is the cut off in the parts department? Is it fair to say that if you have anything earlier than the 2014 you probably will have to go to swap meets or EBay for your parts?

I have owned two Harley Davidson's, but not long enough to need to get parts; so I have no experience in this. There was only one time I needed to get a repair done, and I took it down to the dealership and they repaired it there.

My 1993 Dyna has the original hinged seat. If yours has that you have to buy a new seat with a back rest

My seat has a mount built into it that supports the adjustable backrest, and I also bought a passenger seat to match:). I bought it from Mustang seats, but they seem to have moved away from backrests:(. You might try talking to the support people at JP cycle and see what they can tell you, they are very knowledgeable. You will get no help from Harley.

Back