free website stats program Harley Dealerships :( | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Dealerships :(

Rebuilding 2005 Roadking. Called local dealership and advised that I needed one quart of black pearl paint. Sure, $183 plus tax! So instead of exploding, I keep cool and asked for the paint code, please. Well, you would have thought I asked for all his blood! Long story, short, I hung up the phone. Found a local paint/part shop and they help me with the paint code, price $83 for the same quart of paint! I don't mind paying a reasonable about of money for a product, but $100.00 more for the same product? Same maker of the paint, Dupont, but the harley dealer wanted $100 more!

Americans ripping off other Americans! No wonder why we can't complete with other markets. Greed.

Well, guess you can say I won't be a regular customer at my local friendly harley dealership!

I wonder what HARLEY DAVIDSON headquarters would do if this kind of information was sent to them. It would be an eye-opener for some I would think. I mean if you continue to "over-price" everything and just think the American buying public will just take it, Harley might end up like the big three....asking for bailouts and not having a clue what happened to their loyal following.

if you feel that strongly about it you can contact corporate customer service at (414)343-4056 and let them know how you feel.

bad dealer I just priced a quart or the orange for mine and it was lower than the on line discounters.

Well, I did contact a total of four dealerships. Two out of state and two in state. All quoted the same price, $183 a quart. I now believe that this price is set by the corporation.

Well, I did contact a total of four dealerships. Two out of state and two in state. All quoted the same price, $183 a quart. I now believe that this price is set by the corporation.
Pearl Paint is expensive, and I think its a layered application. Is it possible that maybe your local paint store sold you a cheap knock off. I know a couple of years ago I bought half a pint of "hot Rod Pearl Yellow" (for my Honda Shadow) and it was about a $100 bucks. That was from the paint store not a dealer.

I wonder what HARLEY DAVIDSON headquarters would do if this kind of information was sent to them. It would be an eye-opener for some I would think. I mean if you continue to "over-price" everything and just think the American buying public will just take it, Harley might end up like the big three....asking for bailouts and not having a clue what happened to their loyal following.

In 1982 Harley Davidson begged for and received a federal bailout. [TIME economy & business December 13 1982]

Well all I can say on this is that I had a pearl white car. It needed some paint work on the hood. The paint shop told me that pearl was a four step paint process. That is four different paint layers of different paints. That could be why it was so expensive.

Back