free website stats program Harley Davidson's Suggestion Box | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson's Suggestion Box

Fine tune the automatic heat control (i.e. change in timing, to cutting out one cylinder to shutting down). It's not getting any easier to control the heat thanks to the EPA, so making the mitigating controls more user friendly would really help. Like, how about a toggle switch or button that allows for heat control choices by the rider?

Since a belt can be taken out by foreign object damage at any time with no warning, I'd also like to see an easy access panel or plug on the back of the chain case allowing for belt and/or pulley change without having to do major dis-assembly... :D

Yamaha (sorry) introduced "Enclosed Gates Toothed Belt Drive" on their first venture into V-Twin technology in 1981 Virago...I was tempted back then, but "sprung" for the shaft drive 750 Maxim the following year. Funny thing is belt drive is a great design which should have had a full "shroud" protecting it from road debris (it would probably last 100,000 if that) AND be easy to service without removing so much stuff...perhaps a single sided swing arm...that also came into the picture during those years. Today Honda & Ducati V engines feature a quick change automotive like hub mounted rear wheel, very well liked in racing. :D

Trap door or drain plug on crank case would be a big plus

No matter what they do they are not going to please everyone, as far as which direction they need to go with bikes, I am sure they do the research from all over the world, not just the areas where we live and have our own ideas, The problem being that if you made a bike to please every single person you would have so many that it would become unattainable, just like with cars you have to deal with what is out there, I found a bike that works for me and has the features I want, I understand that this does not happen for everyone, but I do understand where they come from, and we also forget how easy it is to say what would improve these bikes after the fact. Just my 2 cents, not that Willie cares.

Drumrguy makes a very good point here but in the good ol days Willie G did listen to us thats how the FXB came into the line up

Drumguy...you must be one of the new school riders who like black...lots and lots of it, with little or no chrome, which is whom HD is working up to right now to attract new riders and stem declining motorcycle numbers...No Fear!

Flames old?...maybe, but then there is the nostalgic flip side new school riders out there who like 'em, catering to the *bling* customized or CVO crowd.

Not really a fan of anything, I think certain things work on certain bikes and is cool, but to me, and I know I am gonna get slack from this, a flame paint job is boring, I have seen every kind of flame, fire, scallop, whatever you wanna call it, but like the old days they are gone. I also looked at some of the new 2010 bikes yesterday, and I gotta say, some of the color schemes, for me, leave alot to be desired. They just have no appeal to me. Don't get me wrong, some are very nice, but others, not so much, like the new FB with the flat red and marbalized gray with skulls, looks like red bondo laid on the metal. My bike is not all flat black and no chrome BTW. Here is a link to my bike pic:
November09016.jpg

Back