free website stats program Harley Davidson....The Cadillac of motorcycles?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson....The Cadillac of motorcycles??

I remember being THIS guy:

RichardHonda3051972cc.jpg

This looks like a page out of my own scrapbook.......however my pics will never see the light of day again much less be posted for all of you to see!
Richard, you've got a lot of nerve posting that!!!!!

Is it just a "cult of personality" thing? Or a "I own one, therefore it's the <insert term here>"?

Just curious... How many folks that classify HD as the Caddy or Rolls of bikes have ridden a modern BMV, Gold Wing, or another bike in the same class?

There are threads on the forums for these other bike that classify them as the caddy or rolls or <insert term here> of the motorcycle world.

I'm just looking to quantify the data..
=================================================
I agree with your points. I spent almost a full year shopping for my most recent bike. I tried so very hard to like the Goldwing. What a nice machine, but I just didn't feel any connection. Same with the big Yamaha Venture. BMW's are just not me. Every Harley I rode made me smile, and the Batwing FLH's just felt right to me. I've never compared or classified my EG Classic to a car brand. Just never thought of it.

Im in my fiftys now, and have wanted one of these since I was about 16, but never could afford one, for me it was a dream come true, and every time I start it, I must say it brings an instant smile to my face, well worth the wait. A true American Classic.. Ride Safe TIm

I told my brother that I was looking to buy a new bike in the next year and he asked if I was going to stay with HD. He rides Honda Shadow ACE and I do like his bike, it rides nice, and looks good............ but I told him I don't think I could ride another bike other then HD now. I just love the sound, the look, and the feeling of a Harley. So to me HD is the Caddy of the bike world.

More like the "John Deere" of tractors, distinctive market presence, logo, style and following...add to that pulls like one, and does have a distinctive home grown "agricultural" look and feel...and loved by many for it's utilitarian uses, plus a bit of nostalgia tossed in....kinda got the idea from one of the other ol' timers...Thanks Glider for the reminder...!:lolrolling

More like the "John Deere" of tractors, distinctive market presence, logo, style and following...add to that pulls like one, and does have a distinctive home grown "agricultural" look and feel...and loved by many for it's utilitarian uses, plus a bit of nostalgia tossed in....kinda got the idea from one of the other ol' timers...Thanks Glider for the reminder...!:lolrolling

Good one maybe we should change the name to Hogly Ferguson, makes me think of a tractor

Riding my Sportster reminds me of a '23 T-Bucket with a flat head V8 with side pipes. I also like the John Deere Comparo which does match well with quality and some sounds. But, it's the wind in my face and acceleration that brings it home to compare it to an old hot rod.

JMO.

BallPeen... EXACTLY!!! From a far off parallel universe.

Come on RichardS, we ain't old..yet! 1970 seems like yesterday. I sold my Honda 125 and joined the Navy so I could come to California.

Finally, got my HD and I'm in HOG(ly Ferguson) heaven.

Back