free website stats program Harley Davidson....The Cadillac of motorcycles?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson....The Cadillac of motorcycles??

glyd-n

Yesterday I was enjoying cruising the back roads when I ran up on a convoy of old Cadillacs ranging form the 50's to the 70's. It was a beautiful sight as most of the drivers were a little older. As I got further away, I kept thing how happy the people in the cars looked from just driving the old Caddies. I think its the same feeling I get when I'm cruising on the Street Glide. So I'm wondering, in your own opinion, is HD the Cadillac or Mercedes Benz of motorcycles. Man that was a great feeling.:D:D:D Enjoy the ride.

. So I'm wondering, in your own opinion, is HD the Cadillac or Mercedes Benz of motorcycles. Man that was a great feeling.:D:D:D Enjoy the ride.

I think any bike is on that perfect day!(if i HAD to,i'd say my H-D is a bit like an old Caddie,or even one of those early 90's Mercs-not totally trustworthy:D)

Seriously,i know exactly what you mean,and even though we live half the world apart and ride on opposing sides of the road,the visceral feel of our chosen sport is identical.

Ride on.

My brothers 64 Caddy Convertable. :s

Mums80thJan2010101.jpg

not sure what model car comes to mind, but after owning 38 bikes of every type and style, the current 08 rg is the best ride i've ridden. well, the 69 maico 250 mx'er was a real hoot to ride, too...

I would have to say the rolls royce of bikes because it's not just the comfort and feel but also the prestige of owning it.

Is it just a "cult of personality" thing? Or a "I own one, therefore it's the <insert term here>"?

Just curious... How many folks that classify HD as the Caddy or Rolls of bikes have ridden a modern BMV, Gold Wing, or another bike in the same class?

There are threads on the forums for these other bike that classify them as the caddy or rolls or <insert term here> of the motorcycle world.

I'm just looking to quantify the data..

Is it just a "cult of personality" thing? Or a "I own one, therefore it's the <insert term here>"?

Just curious... How many folks that classify HD as the Caddy or Rolls of bikes have ridden a modern BMV, Gold Wing, or another bike in the same class?

There are threads on the forums for these other bike that classify them as the caddy or rolls or <insert term here> of the motorcycle world.

I'm just looking to quantify the data..

Oooh....a trouble maker, eh?

Just kidding! :D

First car I fell in love with was a 54 Caddy DeVille convertible. My father was the lead mechanic at the local Caddy dealership and the sales manager took me for a ride one afternoon.

First bike I fell in love with Harley Davidson Duo Glide about the same time. Belonged to a friend of my dad's and he came over one day and that was it, I was hooked.

I have ridden the new Gold Wing at Americade and an older one a few years ago from Tampa to Daytona. Nice bike, but no soul. Harley is like a Caddy, especially one from the 50s, nice rumble to the pipes, comfortable and just a certain undefinable something that no other bike has. Gold wing is like a Lexus, comfortable, smooth and fairly fast. BMW is like, well, a BMW.

No matter how hard they try, there is nothing like a Harley Davidson, or an old Caddy!

Back