free website stats program Harley davidson Service Manual for 2014 Street Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley davidson Service Manual for 2014 Street Glide

Bikergeek

Simple question;

Does the 2014 Harley Davidson OEM service manual include the complete wiring diagram for the bike? I just ordered one and hope it does.

My 2012 UC manual does. There is also a Electrical Service manual for diagnostics. It really helps to have both.
tourbox

I have the 2014 Touring manual, and as in prior years it includes schematics for the major models, including SG.

Alan

Thanks to all for your replies. Good to know the schematics are there. I have some plans for the back lighting. Want to add my own LED tail light and brake light system I designed in addition to the existing lights. I like a lot of lighting. I want to be seen.

The Electrical Service Manual sounds good but this bike is brand new (only 5 miles on odometer) and I hope that I don't need it and the parts book for a long time to come.

Well with 2 yr. Warranty and maybe ESP I would let them worry about the Elect. Diagnostics anyway. That's what they are for.
tourbox.

Thanks to all for your replies. Good to know the schematics are there. I have some plans for the back lighting. Want to add my own LED tail light and brake light system I designed in addition to the existing lights. I like a lot of lighting. I want to be seen.

The Electrical Service Manual sounds good but this bike is brand new (only 5 miles on odometer) and I hope that I don't need it and the parts book for a long time to come.
I hear the new 2014 bikes with the HDCAN-BUS have much thinner wiring.
Going to be more of a chore to add accessories and the salespeople have agreed.
Waiting to see what it looks like under the fairing. Service said it's real different.

I have the 2014 Touring manual, and as in prior years it includes schematics for the major models, including SG.

Gidday Alan

On the 2014 Tourers they changed the ADL (Data) connector where you plug in the computer for tuning and general comms with the ECU from a 4 pin to 6 pin connector....they have kept the 4 pin connector for the other models...why?

I need to make a lead to plug in my computer and need to know what pins are connected in the 6 pin connector and I am hoping you can assist an Australian in need of help. Could you please check your manual and let me know what pins are connected on the 6 pin connector.

I can't get a manual in Australia yet and out of interest is your manual an electronic or printed manual?

Thanks mate

Graham

Here is what I believe is the right page of the 2014 service manual showing what I believe is the DLC connector at the top right area. There is a closeup of that connector. Hopefully they are legible and they help. Can't tell you when the wires go and what they do. It is possible that International versions might be different than the domestic version.

Attachments

• schematic_full.jpg
    schematic_full.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 71
  • DLC_closeup.jpg
    DLC_closeup.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 51
Back