free website stats program Harley-Davidson Nostalgic Hand Grips | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley-Davidson Nostalgic Hand Grips

bobalu

I bought these to replace the stock grips on my 2010 Road King Classic. I wanted something more comfortable, but was also looking for something to enhance the "classic" look. I'm not a fan of chrome on grips so my choices were rather limited. If it matters, they are "Made in the U.S.A.", stamped on the outside of the grip. they also come in white.

They are a nice quality thick rubber and the slight barrel shape is very comfortable. I don't care much for the chrome ring, but am o.k. with the overall look of them on my bike. These are a huge improvement over the stock grips for comfort. My only criticism is that IMO HD put style before function with these. The chrome ring is a bit wide and there's barley enough grip space for your hand. There is no room to move your hand on the grip side to side without moving on to the chrome ring. I would have preferred no chrome ring and more grip area, but that's just me with my big hands I guess. Extremely comfortable with bare hands if that's how you ride. Good non slippery grip when they're wet.

Summary: They are a good quality heavy rubber grip. Typical Harley over-priced accessory, cost wise. Best for smaller/medium sized hands. NFL receivers and Sasquatch types should try the grip for sizing first. They accurately capture the classic 40's-50's grip styling really well. They look great on the Classic RK. I like 'em and will keep them on the bike.

Nostalgic Hand Grips-56275-96B | Grips | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

Photo's added....

Here's some photo's of the installed grips...

Attachments

• P1010012.jpg
    P1010012.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 58
  • P1010013.jpg
    P1010013.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 48
  • P1010014.jpg
    P1010014.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 51
Nice, I have the same grips, mine are Drag Specialties Same vendor as HD but 1/2 the cost:s

Nice, I have the same grips, mine are Drag Specialties Same vendor as HD but 1/2 the cost:s

That's good to know Jack! (you should post the link here...). I'm in Canada though, so I would get hit with taxes/duty/shipping and the savings would be cancelled out :().

Back