free website stats program Harley Davidson...made in china | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson...made in china

....parts from China I do not think that is a wise idea and not going on my ride!

you wouldn't have half your bike left if you stripped off all the parts made overseas. I agree with the setiment, but I still love owning and riding my Harley-Davidson motorcycle (bottom line).

...."Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"

Is that a quote from "Charlotte's Web"?

The world we live in today is a global economy whether we like it or not.

You are correct, but the free trade agreements are killing our economy a well ax Canada We will soon be working for China as a packaging depot JMO

The world we live in today is a global economy whether we like it or not.

You are right. What I don't like is someone promoting themselves as all-American just to corner a market and charging high prices due to this self promotion!

my dad went to china for business, and he bought me a t-shirt from a harley dealer over there. i think, cool, it says Shanghai China on the back. to get to my point. that shirt says Made In The USA on it. and the shirts at dealers in the U.S are all made in china. funny how that works.

my dad went to china for business, and he bought me a t-shirt from a harley dealer over there. i think, cool, it says Shanghai China on the back. to get to my point. that shirt says Made In The USA on it. and the shirts at dealers in the U.S are all made in china. funny how that works.

there's a twist to things:bigsmiley6:

you wouldn't have half your bike left if you stripped off all the parts made overseas. I agree with the setiment, but I still love owning and riding my Harley-Davidson motorcycle (bottom line).

Is that a quote from "Charlotte's Web"?
Not that I'm aware of. Although I liked that story a lot when I was a kid.
It was a quote from the poem Marmion, by Sir Walter Scott.

I just ordered a clutch kit , slave cylinder and pilot bearing for my Chevy pickup. Ordered from Summit Racing. Asked for USA made parts and was told they all were. When I opened the box....I see the clutch made in Korea, slave cylinder made in China and the smallest, cheapest part, the pilot bearing , is made in USA. These vendors will lie outright about place of manufacture. I shudda sent it back, but I already brought back the same stuff from NAPA, 'cuz it was made in China !!!!!!!!!
All the jobs are in China.
Pete

You are right. What I don't like is someone promoting themselves as all-American just to corner a market and charging high prices due to this self promotion!

thats what bothers me. I really try to be conscious about buying USA first, but some things just aren't made here (what is the last american made camera, stereo or most high end elecronics you have found?). I know I can find most anything on ebay, and there are vendors from China on ebay selling for pennies on the dollar with free shipping. I actually got a back up battery for my Camera for 3.75 with free shipping from somewhere like zingshou (??) China. Authentic Canon piece that Canon USA wanted 45.00 for...both made in same factory...in Tailand. With Harley, it's frusterating as they have always comercialized themselves as American made using American made parts, however I am paying them gold for a copper as it has Harley stamped on it. These coorporations would really make more money if they passed on the savings to the consumer...And if they are getting thier parts outsourced for huge savings, then they should be honest about it at least...IMO:small3d029:

Back