free website stats program Harley Davidson...made in china | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson...made in china

bcortani

KIRO TV (local news out of Seattle) just broke a story about Harley moco buying parts from China and then re-packaging them in bags labled "Made in USA". I love my harley, but have lost some trust in moco with this one. MOCO is basically saying that it wa a mistake and the parts were packaged incorrectly. Hmmmm:newsmile055:

I purchased a set of o-rings for an oil change from my dealer. The bag said contents (o-rings) made in China and packaged in the USA. Now I just purchase o-rings from a hardware store (which are probably also made in China.

Last edited:
The package itself was most likely made in U.S.A. and the part inside of it in China.

About as much confusion on the part of HD as their "synthetic" Syn 3 oil (meaning all of the synthetic oil that's in it is truly synthetic - but only 60% of that is actually correct)?

bagcontents.jpg

"Assembled in USA with parts from China!"

This seems to be the way Harley is going to save on productin costs. It used to be, you could by Harley leathers made in the USA. But for a while now they are all. or mostly all, made overseas.

This seems to be the way Harley is going to save on productin costs. It used to be, you could by Harley leathers made in the USA. But for a while now they are all. or mostly all, made overseas.

Made overseas and they charge inflated prices. That is why they can give 50% off at the end of the year sales. :newsmile055:

My old man's that old man,
Spent his life livin' off the land,
Dirty hands, and a clean soul.
It breaks his heart seein' foreign cars,
Filled with fuel that isn't ours
And wearin' cotton we didn't grow

He's got the red, white, and blue flyin' high on the farm
Semper Fi tattooed on his left arm
Spend a little more in the store for a tag in the back that says ‘USA’
He won't buy nothin' that he can't fix,
With WD40 and a Craftsman wrench
He ain't prejudiced, he's just made in America