free website stats program Harley Davidson Factory in York Pa, | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Factory in York Pa,

34thestickupkid

I rode up to the Harley Factory this past weekend,it turned out to be a Life changing experience for me!! I was overwhelmed seeing all those Harley's being built from start to finish,only 3hrs away from where I live here in Md. This will not be my last visit to York Pa,
WAP.gif

I would like to visit that some day. I have the complete build sheet from my 1997 FLHT when it was built there. An interesting document for sure:s You used to be able to fly and ride there with the Hog program to watch your bike be built and ride it home

Is a very cool place to see. The motor plant in Wisconsin was great too, but preferred seeing the bikes come off the assembly line in PA even more. Everyone should try to make it if you can and take the tour (kids under around 11 or 12 can't take the tour so keep that in mind if traveling with the family).

I have gone a couple of times. The job I always wanted was running the bikes through the gears on the dyno. I also enjoyed how the raw materials were turned into parts.....

We took the self guided tour on last Saturday, during open-house. Want to go again when the plant is running. Very interesting. Only live 3 hours away but hard to get there during the week.

I and the wife took the tour in 2014, we paid for the 2 hour tour and it was worth it. It made me understand how my bike was made and what they do to put out a quality product.:D

We went there a couple of years ago on our way to Gettysburg and I am so glad that we did. We took the "Steel Toes" tour which was a little more in depth than the standard tour, so they told us. I came away with a renewed appreciation for my American made bike. I remember the tour guide saying that there was seven coats of paint on the anniversary edition bikes.And I can still picture all of those rolls of steel that they pressed and formed into fenders and gas tanks!
In fact, as I am typing this I am looking at a picture that they snapped of me and my wife and the tour group while we were there. I would go back there again in a heart beat.

Back