free website stats program Harley-Davidson Credit? | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley-Davidson Credit?

Badgerw

Who did you finance your bike through? I purchased my Sportster in January and went through the dealer directly and financed with Harley-Davidson Credit. Their interest rates are high, I did not shop around. Are there other financial companies out there that offer better interest rates tand specialize in financing bikes?

Same here. A Credit Union hands down. I think I am paying 5-6% on an 06 Softail that I bought used in 08.

I did the same thing and went with the HD Finance Group. However, I immediately got a loan through my Bank afterwards. It was just more convenient to get the loan through HD at first since I baought my bike over a weekend.
Other issues with the HD Finance Group ...they charge to do online payments. What a rip-off!!:(

my bank beat hd by a few points and i had dealt with them for years so it was easy. if there are any issues they are right down the street. i think what attracts a lot of guys to hd is they will finance for seven years which cost alot more in the long run.

Another vote for a good Credit Union. I hate banks. A bank will finance you no matter what, they just charge more interest for worse credit. A good credit union still follows the "better credit = better interest" rule, but probably wont finance you if your credit is "BAD"
Every credit card I have through banks Jacked up their interest rates since this economy thing, but my credit union Visa stay the same. That's gotta tell you something.

Went to a local credit union they had a better rate than HD. The dealer set it up so I guess they might of got a cut.

Pops

Wildspirit is correct...most every credit card sent a memo informing their card holders that they are going to variable rate (no longer fixed) meaning most are going right up to 20 to 25% on purchases and 25 to 28% cash...much easier to spell "loan shark" now, B-A-N-K...why and how do you think they turned profitable so quickly and turned down the government bail out TARP money...and still pay the executive bonuses...CAUSE they are unregulated at what interest they can charge, when our good president asked that they "voluntarily" regulate themselves or face government intervension...Doh! :small3d015:

Last edited:
Back