free website stats program Harley Conquest or Zumo 550 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Conquest or Zumo 550

I don't know anything about the HD unit but the Zumo 550 has gotten rave reviews everywhere I've read. You can get a new one on Ebay for a little over $600. Not sure if there's better deals out there

My opinion?
One you can read and use on the fly = Zummo
One you can read when parked = HD

Really theres no comparison.

Any opinions pro/cons on the HD Conquest or the Garmin Zumo 550 gps units.

I've had a Garmin Quest II for some time and love it but at age 50, the screen's getting kind of small. My buddy has a Zumo 550 and I'm envious. I'm seriously thinking about putting my Quest up on Craigslist and purchasing a new 550 for it's larger screen size and ergonomics.

Here's a pretty cool site that might help you with blue tooth, etc. on the 550: ZumoForums at zumoforums dot com...

Jon Pearl - St. Petersburg

I Got The Zumo For My Birthday--put It On My Vrod--it's Great!!! Haven't Tried Anything Else--and Wouldn't It Does Everything From Gps To Blue Tooth And Music

First post :cheers

I've had the zumo 550 since it came out (present from my wife!:bigsmiley16: ) and I love it. However, if you don't plan on using XM or bluetooth, you might check out the 450. It'll save you a couple hundred.
Mount it with the RAM.

I just got the 550 and justified the additional cost that saved a grand by not having to purchase the XM addon to the radio.
Better deal than Quest and adding XM

I have the Zumo 550... it is awsome. The RAM mount is not the most attractive thing out there but it works good.

2 weeks ago I purchased a Garmin 250W for $219.00 Canadian and it works great. I know its not designed for motorcycles but it seems to work just fine and is reasonably well protected behind the windscreen of my Electraglide.

This is my first foray into the world of GPS and I :CANADAam amazed at the technology for the price. Might be worth considering as it is fairly inexpensive compared to motorcycle specific units but time will tell as to how long it survives....

Back