free website stats program Harley Changes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Changes

the location (and orientation) of the oil filter....

....come on man!

Yes! and like Glider said, make it upright.

Also wondering about a "smarter" ECM. A friend rides a Goldwing and is looking at changing the exhaust. Honda guy told him if he changes exhaust, onboard computer will automatically adjust and no need for a tuner or any tuning.

So, why can't Harley's ECM adjust?

Yes! and like Glider said, make it upright.

Also wondering about a "smarter" ECM. A friend rides a Goldwing and is looking at changing the exhaust. Honda guy told him if he changes exhaust, onboard computer will automatically adjust and no need for a tuner or any tuning.

So, why can't Harley's ECM adjust?

The Harley ECM does self adjust but not enough due to the restrictions put on the company by EPA to keep the mixtures lean. No matter how much it adjusts, it's still very lean.

Great ideas here, maybe we should print the replies and send them to the MOCO.:D

Some of my pet-peevs:

• Factory designed, engineered and installed "missing link" on the rubber mounted engine/tranny models
  • Baker six/seven speed tranny as an option
  • Redesign/relocate the voltage regulator
  • Redesign the stator/rotor and primary systems to get them out of an oil bath with lots of metal bits in the oil
  • Install Progressive shocks on the rear of the baggers
  • Factory trued and welded cranks

That would be a good start.

TQ

I agree with fin_676 about the dyna and the lift adapters. The lift adapters are kindof a pain.

Also, I know they solved this problem on the newer bikes but the cam chain tensioners on my 88 were an obvious issue. I'm going to the hydraulic system this winter.

Some of my pet-peevs:

• Factory designed, engineered and installed "missing link" on the rubber mounted engine/tranny models
  • Baker six/seven speed tranny as an option
  • Redesign/relocate the voltage regulator
  • Redesign the stator/rotor and primary systems to get them out of an oil bath with lots of metal bits in the oil
  • Install Progressive shocks on the rear of the baggers
  • Factory trued and welded cranks

That would be a good start.

TQ

TQ

That's about the biggest peeve that I have. We spend all this money on a Harley and they give us an inferior product. Supposedly the TC engines were tested for a million miles before going into production and you can't tell me that they didn't know about the crank issue. I guess that testing only pertains to the 88 engines and not the 96's.

Beef up the trap door on the tranny, floating rotors on all models

I know Gliders post said ONE item but I'm greedy;

1 Relocate the voltage regulator to protect it against road debris & lookin battered
2 Redesign the primary cover so you don't have to remove it to check the oil (I dunno maybe, like, a little window or something?)
3 Stop using torx fixings

Back