Harley bubble, what's the latest?

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by hdrocks, Sep 15, 2009.

1. hdrocks

hdrocks Active Member

I've been researching about winterizing my new 2009 sportster. I've read Glider's, thanks. I am in the market for the motorcycle stand and the cover and happen to come across Harley bubble. I searched here and found some threads on it. However, I though I post a new one to see if anyone has the latest, good or bad. I can not afford to spend too much after the screaming eagle slip ons, backrest, windshield, etc. It seems the least is endless. If anyone has cost-effective ideas on the stand and the cover (thinking of sears stand and harley cover), I'd also appreciate it. thanks in advance.

2. Gas Gauge

Gas Gauge Junior Member

HD has it listed for $289, the link to HD's "bubble" is

Harley-Davidson USA | Accessories And Apparel | Genuine Motor Accessories

A guy on Houston's Craiglist has one listed for $225 new in the box. I could have put the link here but wasn't sure, easy enough to find on ones own. Sorry I can't offer an endorsement I have never seen one in use, it looks cool though if environmental control is necessary. I hope this helps as far as pricing goes.

3. hdrocks

hdrocks Active Member

thanks, gas gauge. I can certainly look it up in craiglist. Yes, I am concerned about moist as I will have to leave it in my cold garage during the winter, and it seems the bubble sounds good and cost-effective in the long run.

4. hdrocks

hdrocks Active Member

Thanks, Hobbit. Is it easy to get in and out? Does the bubble seem sturdy and not tear easily? Do you think I still need a bike stand in the bubble for the winter storage. Yes, it is pricey but if I can store it this way every winter, i thini it will be worth it. Thanks in advance for your response.