free website stats program Harley Boom audio system | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Boom audio system

MN01Heritage

I am debating about putting a speaker system on my Heritage this spring that I can hook my MP3 player up to so I can have tunes and not have to pay the price of a full faring. My question is has anybody put on the Harley Boom systems on their bike? What's your opinion of them? Also I saw a new system that mounts to the windshield vs. the handlebars. Just wondering if this will fit onto my '01 and if its any better or worse than the handlebar mounted speakers. I have researched these, but would like user comments if anyone has them. Thanks.

I saw them setting up the display at the local H-D dealer...hooked up an IPOD to it and it sounded great...looks great in either the separate handlebar speaker type shown or the audio console mounting setup. A bit pricey at $399 but certainly a nice setup...no idea what the power is, but it was loud and clear in the controlled store environ.

tn764s3.jpg

I put the windshield mounted system on my Road King. It was worth it in my opinion. Obviously will sound better the slower your going but could hear the music at 80 mph. Makes the flatlands bearable.

DanielB

I am in the process of installing this same Boom Windshield mount system on my 03 Road King Classic. The instructions on how to wire the unit to the bike are a pretty lousy. Can you give me an Idea on how you wired your bike. Thanks....Bob

Thanks for making this thread! Didnt know they had something like this, spoke to the wife and told her what i wanted for Xmas! Going to go with the windshield mount!

Thanks Tim, gonna have to check it out a little more then.. great post, I have a scala rider communication set with a radio when I go on long group rides and so I can talk to the wife as she has her own bike as well, I was looking at this to listen too on my work commute at speeds of 35-50 mph max, plus I dont like the scala/microphone attached to my helmet when I ride alone. Thanks!!

I bought this setup Friday, installed it on Saturday(piece of cake). Took the bike for a ride Sunday. It (EDIT)! I cant hear a (EDIT) thing (yes I have a windshield and the windshield setup). At FULL volume on both the system and on the ipod, if I didn't know the song, I couldn't make it out. It might be great if you ride in a lot of parades but even at 50mph it was horrible. With tax I paid about $430. The dealer doesn't take returns on electrical parts!
I want to warn everybody............Don't waste you hard earned cash!
I couldn't be more disappointed.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Sell it,
for $100 cheaper than you paid for the other setup,
go get the Rumble road speakers i mention 2 post above.
you won't be sorry.

Back