free website stats program Harley Bashers and their motives | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Bashers and their motives

I don't care what anybody rides and thats the difference between us and those few (not all) metric guys who always want to start a conversation by telling me their brand of metric is more, better, faster, cheaper, etc. than my Harley. If they insist on telling me this I just say, maybe thats true but try and get (EDIT) because you own one.

Please read and understand the info in this link below...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a guy on a metric tell me that his was better, cheaper and faster. I tild him I totally agree his is cheaper, then I asked him if he wanted to line them up to see which one was faster. Funny thing, he started giving me all kinds of reasons why he couldn't do that.

My funny story is this, I know a guy thats all full of tattoos, rides helmet less,
buys Harley boots and takes all the Harley tags off them, acts like a hard core biker, takes all the badging off his bike and rides metric. He says he wouldn't be caught dead on a Harley. He thinks Harley's are all show and no go. I guess that why he does not ride with me. Cause I am none of the above and I even wave at the kids when I go by.........:newsmile058:

I rode in a charity event today and met a lot of great people mostly Harley riders. One nice guy had a Kawasaki and impressed us with the electric windshield. We thought the bike had all the latest technology.
After riding behind him for about 70 miles and seeing his signal light flashing for miles after the turns I asked if he new his signals weren't canceling he said, "they don't auto cancel".
Well the windshield goes up and down at the press of a button, we were still impressed.

By the way I had 4 aces, donated the cash to the charity.

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

Al

P S
I missed the oldest rider trophy by 2 years, the oldest rider was 77.

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet that most people that bash Harley's have never ridden one. This is my 10th motorcycle but my first Harley. I wish that I would have taken one for a ride much sooner.

I get a kick out of the folks that have never touched a bike, let alone a Harley and sit in the back and bash us as if we got an undeserved promotion.

I tell them all....either you get it...or you dont. We ride, we ride Harleys. Other than the constant grin on our faces, the blown back hair and the sunburn, we are still the same people. Like most of us here ( I perceive), we wave and throttle up for the kids, we help those in need without question and we can gather by the thousands if there is a call to do so.

Whether its an inferiority complex, jealousy, or the lack of having a life, people will bash the unknown. As we walk out of a social gathering, or a park, they sit, they whisper......some drool. Jealous of the obvious bond or friendships made? who knows.

I quit sweatin the small stuff a long time ago.......keeps me young :small3d023:

If I have to explain... you probably wouldn't understand :s
You can't fix stupid. Everyone should be riding for the sheer joy of it. Life is too short, not everybody can afford the bike of thier dreams, but they are out riding what they can and what makes them happy. :tounge

Cause I am none of the above and I even wave at the kids when I go by.........:newsmile058:

I love to wave at kids while I'm riding. It always seems to get their motors going and puts a smile on their face, me too.:D

Back