free website stats program Harley Bashers and their motives | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Bashers and their motives

You don't approach a horse from the rear, a tiger from the front or a fool from any direction.
It's not what you ride it's that you ride!

I was just about to say this same thing.

As for out front snobbery, I don't get or receive waves when I ride Spinner. However, if I take Betty out, everyone waves, even metric guys.

Coupled with this, there seem to be a lot of guys who use a Harley as the spine they didn't get at birth. Loudmouths. Chest-thumpers. Guys who cannot sing a note but somehow make it to a choir.

But as most people here imply, the world is full of weirdos. Some ride Harleys. I imagine that even philatelists have loudmouths in their ranks. I can only ride the bike I own, I cannot make decisions for the idiots.
"lot of guys who use a Harley as the spine they didn't get at birth" I like that, and found that to be somewhat true. Had to look up "philatelist" in the dictionary! :p
Learn something new every day.

People bash other people and what they own because it makes them feel better about themselves.
They are usually trying to hide a feeling of inferiority.
"Yours is junk; therefore mine is good."
It is a sad, sad behavior.
I avoid people like that like the plague.
They can ruin a good time faster than anything.
This is a lot how I feel about it too. Drag or beat someone down verbally (or physically) to build yourself up to feel superior. Like the class bully back in grade school.

Exactly who is it that has 50% of the US market and leaves the other 50% for how many different makes of how many different models of bikes? Lets see, we have Honda,Yamaha,Suziki,BMW,Kawasaki,Triumph,Moto-Guzi,Ducati,Can-Am, etc. etc.all competing for 50% of the market share, while the guys from Milwaukee plug along with the other 50%...

A good friend of mine told me three years ago.."I wouldn't own a Harley if you gave it to me "...He has owned..enduros,sport bikes and metric touring for the last 20yrs...Back in June we switched bikes...which I have asked him to do several times over the last few years..he always refused..this time he got on my '04 Road King and put about 100 miles on it..never said much when he got off but three days later he got a great deal on a '06 Street Glide from a private owner with very low miles and about 11k in extras..just a beautiful bike...He has put about 4k miles on it and just loves it...He told me the other day "This is the slowest motorcycle I have ever owned...But I am having more fun on it than all the others combined"....you can't get the smile off his face !

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're on two wheels that's good enough for me. You have my respect and I'll never dis your ride. I like riding my 1982 CX500 Custom Honda. Great ride and a unique appearance with its transversly mounted V-Twin (think Moto Guzzi) and shaft drive. On the other hand I have noticed a lot more heads turning when I rumble by on my Fatboy. And about those people who tell me how much better their metric is compared to my Fatboy. By the time they finish they're usually a peculiar shade of envious green....and drooling! I donno, just something about them Harleys. Rock on.
Ishmael :)

All I can say is each to their own when I had my AMF Harley I was bashed by Harley rider's and import rider's. AMF saved Harley and made the best sounding Harley ever but seemed to start a lot of Harley bashing because of their poor quality and the bashing continues.

All I can say is each to their own when I had my AMF Harley I was bashed by Harley rider's and import rider's. AMF saved Harley and made the best sounding Harley ever but seemed to start a lot of Harley bashing because of their poor quality and the bashing continues.

AMEN, They went so far as to say over half of the bikes produced ended up in Harley Hospital before shipping to the Dealers. But what other Motorcycle Company has listened to its owners and responded so well? You can count on one hand the number:s

I always get a kick out of when people try to bash Harley and then you look at there bike and they have tried to add everything they can to it to make it half way look like a Harley and try to sound like one. I have a guy at work that tries everything he can to make his like a Harley. I have told him no matter what you do to your bike it will NEVER sound or look like a Harley. If you want something that sounds like a Harley and looks like a Harley you have to buy a Harley. Yet he still wants to bash Harley.

Back