Harley 56079-93T Handlebar Question

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by The_Q, Nov 29, 2008.

1. The_Q

The_Q Member

I'm looking to put some mini apes on my '04 Sporty. I really like the look and height of the '06 - 09 Street Bob bars. The Harley parts catalog shows a part number of 56079-93T. I have searched the Internet and asked my local dealer, but I can't seem to find any info on whether these bars are drilled for internal wiring or not. The '06 - '09 Street Bobs have internal wiring and that is what I want. Anyone here know the the answer to this?? Thanks

2. The_Q

The_Q Member

Thanks for the response. I'm TOTALLY against drilling the bars myself for the very reason you stated. I had looked at the '08 Street Bob pictures on the Harley site and could swear it looks like they are internally wired too. After a lot of Google searches I found a set of Khrome Werks (part #300051) bars that come drilled and are a replacement bar for the FXDWG bars.

3. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

The biggest mistake that people make is drilling where the bar has already been stressed from bending(fabricating) stay away from that and you are not taking anything structural away from it.