free website stats program Hardbags on a Heritage | Harley Davidson Forums

Hardbags on a Heritage

John Doe

Thinking about putting hardbags on my 06' Heritage. I really like the looks of the Softaial conversion bracket kit from Hogworkz. Has anyone done any business with this company before? Or any other recommendations on other bags?

I've had leather, and solid bags. I "get" the value. On the other hand, I have been known to take off the bags, to show off the rear!

Guess I need to buy another Fatboy, so I can have a "round town" bike, and keep my full bagger Road Glide reserved for the road trips.

I put them on a deluxe, which is same same or abouts.I even put a front fairing on....The fairing for ease of riding n I like the look...
I originally purchased bike for around town, but that was to boring since I retired... I didn't want to plunk down another bundle on a touring bike so I made mine comtorable for me. As far as around town I can carry crap then lock it up easy. 20160216_135819_resized_1.jpg ....On your question, no I have not dealt with that company but my convertion bracket works well.
Just make sure the brackets have a connection between the two sides for stability. The connection goes behind the bottom of rear fender.

Thanks for the replies. After extensive research I decided on the cycle vision bagger tail brackets and was able to score a set of used OEM bags from a local bike shop... Next step is to have them color matched to my bike!

I put them on a deluxe, which is same same or abouts.I even put a front fairing on....The fairing for ease of riding n I like the look...
I originally purchased bike for around town, but that was to boring since I retired... I didn't want to plunk down another bundle on a touring bike so I made mine comtorable for me. As far as around town I can carry crap then lock it up easy. View attachment 17648 ....On your question, no I have not dealt with that company but my convertion bracket works well.
Just make sure the brackets have a connection between the two sides for stability. The connection goes behind the bottom of rear fender.
nice bike,I like that exhaust,fishtails

I originally purchased bike for around town, but that was to boring since I retired... I didn't want to plunk down another bundle on a touring bike so I made mine comtorable for me. As far as around town I can carry crap then lock it up easy. View attachment 17648 ....On your question, no I have not dealt with that company but my convertion bracket works well.

Got the hard bags mounted on my Heritage using the CycleVision baggertail mounting hardware. Problem is the stock seat is interfering with the lids on the bags opening and closing. Did I miss something when installing the mounts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw your post sorry took so long.....
On your bracket the lil u brackets are the adjustments.....not much but it will work.
Point the u brackets towards the rear n slide boxes rear...good luck, I'm sure you figured it out.

Back