free website stats program Hard to find neutral | Harley Davidson Forums

Hard to find neutral

Andrei

After the stealer installed the new Screamin' Eagle clutch and put the synthetic HD oil, I cannot find the neutral point. It is happening only when the bike is at a complete stop. When the bike is rolling it's easy to select the neutral.
what is happening? thanks

My UC Limited was doing it when hot too. I just had it serviced and it seems to work now. Formula Plus in the primary and Amsoil severe in the tranny. I haven't got her all that hot yet but as I mentioned in other posts, it shifts like butter, almost no clunk. Had to put brakes on the daughter's car today no riding. Tomorow's another story, will be headed out EARLY. Can't wait, weather's perfect!

After I adjusted my clutch according to procedures on this forum, it helped tremendously both of ease of finding neutral as well as quieting down the shifting. I would try that if your fluid level is good. :)

Change the primary oil to Spectro.:D

It's very hard to find any other type of oil for HD in the European Union other than the original stuff.
I will try to find some dealers who are selling Redline oils. I saw that they have good reviews about their products.

I have searched and looked though many posts regarding the best oils for my 2008 RKC. Can you please tell me what should I buy for the primary and transmission?
I saw that HD recommends that the came oil can be used int he primary and tranny.
I really don't know what to choose :(

Last edited by a moderator:
It's very hard to find any other type of oil for HD in the European Union other than the original stuff.
I will try to find some dealers who are selling Redline oils. I saw that they have good reviews about their products.

I have searched and looked though many posts regarding the best oils for my 2008 RKC. Can you please tell me what should I buy for the primary and transmission?
I saw that HD recommends that the came oil can be used int he primary and tranny.
I really don't know what to choose :(

I would go for the redline if available.. I use it Only!

20/50 engine
Chaincase/primary oil (look on bottle, states Wet Clutch recommended)
Shockproof Heavy for the tranny ONLY Never in chaincase!

You really have to be Careful when taking advise on different oils and the Claims from "one maker" Doesn't apply to the "other"..

You cannot put Just "any engine oil" or oil in the Clutch chain case.. Some of the additives can make a Problem here.....**

**I would use Only If It is Suggested on bottle "" for wet clutch application""

bubbie

I agree with bubbie, use the best Motorcycle Specific Oils you can find.

READ the label and use Motorcycle Specific MA / JASO 20W-50 Motor Oil. It is designed specifically for Air/Oil cooled engines with or without Wet Clutch and Integrated Gear Box.

This oil spec came out when the Japanese manufactures in the 70's needed a "better" oil (MA / JASO rating) for racing 4 Stroke Air/Oil Cooled Multi-Cylinder 1000cc 120HP machines that spun at 10,000 RPM that also had to lubricate the tranny, primary chain (or gear drive) and wet clutches.

A side note...looks like a bubbie post...informative like a bubbie post...but does not SOUND like a bubbie post and signed by who??!! LOL

I agree with bubbie, use the best Motorcycle Specific Oils you can find.

READ the label and use Motorcycle Specific MA / JASO 20W-50 Motor Oil. It is designed specifically for Air/Oil cooled engines with or without Wet Clutch and Integrated Gear Box.

This oil spec came out when the Japanese manufactures in the 70's needed a "better" oil (MA / JASO rating) for racing 4 Stroke Air/Oil Cooled Multi-Cylinder 1000cc 120HP machines that spun at 10,000 RPM that also had to lubricate the tranny, primary chain (or gear drive) and wet clutches.

A side note...looks like a bubbie post...informative like a bubbie post...but does not SOUND like a bubbie post and signed by who??!! LOL

Bubbie is scared of Gliders Poof button, I think its all good humor I really respect you all and never find a dull moment here, signed...Capital Jack

Back