free website stats program Hard Starting issues | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hard Starting issues

I was having the same problem getting my bike to start after getting the bike and power comander tuned. I opened up the map on the power comander and seen the had made my zero throttle postion coloum at 500rpm-1200rpm to 10% greater so i turned that all back to zero and the problem went away.

Dave

It doesn't sound like it is straining when it's cranking, just like it's not getting fuel or spark

Can you Smell raw gas when you First kick it over??

I would agree with TOO Much fuel.....

I wonder if you look at the battery for a Ground Wire Added there for the Fuel Pack... (what say others on this ?? ground wire for the Pack?)

If you take IT off the battery ground,,,,, Try it without the fuel pack (ground off will turn it OFF) and see if that solves the problem.... It should start like it did when off the show-room floor,,,, Just LEAN with out the fuel pack...

IF it still doesn't start,,, Go to the dealer where you bought the bike is the better one to use:small3d036:,,, and let them find the issue.....

signed....BUBBIE

Can you Smell raw gas when you First kick it over??

I would agree with TOO Much fuel.....

I wonder if you look at the battery for a Ground Wire Added there for the Fuel Pack... (what say others on this ?? ground wire for the Pack?)

If you take IT off the battery ground,,,,, Try it without the fuel pack (ground off will turn it OFF) and see if that solves the problem.... It should start like it did when off the show-room floor,,,, Just LEAN with out the fuel pack...

IF it still doesn't start,,, Go to the dealer where you bought the bike is the better one to use:small3d036:,,, and let them find the issue.....

signed....BUBBIE

I have aways said you can never have enough grounds:D good call Bubbie

Back