free website stats program Hard Saddlebags for Fatboy | Harley Davidson Forums

Hard Saddlebags for Fatboy

Bait

I am looking for recommendations on a set of hard saddlebags for a 2008 Fatboy. I have looked at HD, Corbin, Liberty, Dyer's, Gater Boxes, and Hardbags.com; prices range from $500.00 to $2,000.00.

I looked at the old threads and didn't find anything on hard bags.

Thanks.

Putting saddlebags on a fatboy? I don't know man... I have a hard time seeing a fatboy with saddlebags, they're usual too small. I my opinion they're not useful for long trips since they're carrying capacity is so limited, and unless u change the exhaust pipes to fit larger ones they look real sissy to me
Buy again, it's only my opinion.

If you are going on a trip those hard bags are much better than all those bunjy cords and they also keep your gear dry if it rains. I put a 73 flh luggage rack on my FLST and I have 73 hard bags on her. I'm looking for a small tour pak with the old FLH quick detach and then I'll have them all covered in leather. I did this back in the 80's on an FLH but the guy that did the leather work has passed on.

Shark

I'm in the process of installing HD Touring saddlebags (the big ones, not the Softail) on my 07 FLSTF. The brackets are from Sumax. No pics yet, they're about ready for painting. I'm also doing a batwing w/stereo from Tsukayu, very impressed with the quality.

Google "Saddlebags for Harley Davidson Fatboy", you'll get about 15 pages of options!

I have, just haven't found any that I fancy; was hoping someone had a set on their bike that they liked. Probably go HD type Bags and aftermarket lids. Not really into the Heritage type leather bags.

I have 2 Fat Boys with bags on leather bags on both. Went with cheap generics on the 98, bad choice but I only get back to ride it maybe once a year, but for the 08 I chose Iron Bags. You can choose from many styles. They look great and are large enough. Hard or soft you got to have accommodating exhaust. Attach a luggage rack for the long hauls. Check out their web site.

Back